Chapter 13

The park was filled with laughter and chatter as Robyn and Jack prepared for the cookout with their family and friends. The sun was shining brightly, and the smell of grilled food filled the air, creating an inviting atmosphere. They were all eagerly waiting for Louis, Alana, and Rhiannon to join them.

As the time neared, Robyn couldn't contain her excitement to see her best friend Alana and her
Rhiannon. Jack, too, was looking forward to spending time with the family.

The group continued to set up the picnic tables and play games while they waited. Soon enough, Alana, Louis, and Rhiannon arrived, greeted with warm hugs and smiles.

"Hey, you guys!" Robyn said cheerfully, embracing Alana tightly. Alana returned the hug, "Hey! It's so good to see you, Robyn."

Rhiannon ran to Jack, her eyes lighting up, "Uncle Jack!" Jack scooped her up, giving her a playful spin. "Hey there, Rhi-Rhi! How's my favorite little niece?"

Rhiannon giggled, "I'm good! Can we eat now?"
Everyone laughed at her excitement, and they settled around the picnic tables, enjoying the delicious food that Robyn and Jack had prepared.

The group chatted and shared stories, cherishing the time spent together. As the cookout winded down, Robyn Feyrer's mom, Mrs. Feyrer, who had been a part of the festivities, approached Alana, Louis, and Rhiannon with a warm smile.

She opened her arms wide, embracing Alana in a tight hug, as if she were her own daughter.
"Alana, my dear, it's so lovely to see you," she said affectionately. Alana returned the hug, feeling the genuine love and warmth from her. "It's great to see you too, Mrs. Feyrer."

Mrs. Feyrer then turned her attention to Rhiannon, who had a big smile on her face. "And my sweet little granddaughter, Rhiannon! Come here, give Grandma a hug."

Rhiannon eagerly embraced Mrs. Feyrer, feeling the love and affection from her "grandma." "Hi, Grandma! We had so much fun today!"

"I can see that, my dear. You're growing up so fast!" Mrs. Feyrer replied, patting Rhiannon's head lovingly.

Louis smiled, witnessing the heartwarming interaction. "Thank you for always treating our family like your own, Mrs. Feyrer. It means a lot to us."

Mrs. Feyrer's eyes softened as she looked at the little family before her. "You are my family, Louis. And Rhiannon is my precious granddaughter. I couldn't love you all more."

"Speak of which where's my grandson at?-"

"Mom." Robyn shakes her telling not to talk about that. "It's okay Robyn. It's not with me right now." Alana tells Mrs. Feyrer. Mrs. Feyrer asked no further questions but just gave kind words and a side hug.

As Alana and Louis watched Rhiannon chatting animatedly with Robyn's grandfather, they couldn't help but smile at the delightful sight. The older man had a twinkle in his eye as he showed the kids some impressive card tricks, and Rhiannon was clearly captivated by the magic.

Robyn approached the table, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. "Hey, how's she doing with the Harry situation?" she asked, her concern evident in her voice.

Alana sighed, her expression reflecting the difficulty of the situation. "It's been tough, Robyn. Harry has cut me off completely and won't let me see Charlie. I just hope he comes around and realizes how important it is for Charlie to have both of us in his life."

Robyn put a reassuring hand on Alana's shoulder. "I'm sure he will, Alana. Give it time. You're a great mom, and he'll see that." Alana nodded, appreciating Robyn's support. "Thank you. I just hope it's sooner rather than later."

Trying to change the subject and lighten the mood, Alana looked at Robyn playfully and asked, "So, any news on your end? When are you and Jack going to tie the knot and have little curly haired babies running around?"

Robyn blushed slightly, chuckling at the shift in conversation. "Well, you know, we're taking things one step at a time. We've talked about it, but we're not in a rush. For now, we're just enjoying each other's company and making the most of every moment."

Louis chimed in, teasingly, "Yeah, we're waiting for the big announcement, Robyn."

She playfully rolled her eyes. "You guys! Don't worry, when the time is right, you'll be the first to know. And y'all are talking about us. What about you two are y'all together now or what?" She asks them.

"We're taking our time-"

"Oh hell no you're not going to try and use my words against me." Robyn says with a playful glare.

"Robyn, we need more ice for the cooler." They heard her cousin Trey call for her. Robyn rolled her eyes and stood up "I'll be back give me a second." She told the couple.

As Alana and Louis were engrossed in their conversation, her phone began to ring, and she noticed it was Pete calling once again. She let out a deep sigh, knowing that Pete had been struggling to accept her not wanting to be with him.

"Louis, it's Pete again," she said, showing him the screen with a conflicted expression.

Louis's face tightened with concern as he read the messages. "This is getting out of hand. I'm really worried about your safety and Rhiannon's."

"I know, but he wouldn't do anything to hurt us, he's not like that." Alana replied, her voice tinged with confliction and anxiety.

"Perhaps it's time to consider involving the authorities or getting a restraining order," Louis suggested, his protective instincts kicking in.

Alana shook her head "I know it's weird but trust he wouldn't-" "I don't trust him." Louis quickly cuts her off. "Then keep trusting me when I say he just needs a little bit of time to process."

Louis pulled her into a comforting embrace, holding her close. "I won't let anything happen to you or Rhiannon... I trust you." Alana smiled looking up at him "good." She said "-Daddy help!" Rhiannon yelled for Louis pointing at her food wanting to be fed.

Louis sighed, pulling away from Alana "the Princess calls." He said then stood up making his way towards their daughter.

As Alana and Jack chat, she playfully nudges him and asks, "So, when are you going to ask Robyn to marry you?"Jack chuckles, a hint of blush creeping up his cheeks. "You know, I've been thinking about it, but I want it to be perfect."

Alana grins, teasingly. "Well, I'm sure whatever you plan will be amazing. Robyn loves you, and I can't wait to see you two officially become engaged."

Jack nods, looking excited yet nervous. "Thanks I really do love her, and I want to make this moment special."

"I have no doubt that you will," Alana reassures him.

the atmosphere suddenly changed are taken aback by the sudden arrival of the police. The once joyful gathering now feels tense and uneasy.

The police officers approach them, their expressions stern and serious. "Everyone, shut the whole thing down immediately," one of the officers commands, while another adds, "We have received reports of drug-related activities in this area, and we need to conduct a thorough check."

"That's bullshit-" Trey yelled at the police. "Are you talking back to me boy." The cop says pulling out his gun. Everyone gasped as Robyn stood in front of him "don't shoot. Just Do what you have to do, we're going to shut everything down."

As the police conduct their investigation. Amidst the commotion, she glances at Louis, and they share a look of concern and support. The family did their best to remain calm and cooperative during this time.

The police eventually finish their search, and while no illegal substances are found among the  family, the mood remains somber. The police explain that they received a false report, and they apologize for any inconvenience caused.

"Who made the call?" Mrs Feyrer asked the officer. "A woman apparently concerned about her granddaughter and daughter apparently." He said then the five police officers left. Alana made eye contact with a furious Robyn.