Chapter Seventeen

Couple hours later Saskia came home. I was cleaning the blood from Adron when she walked through the door.

"Hey, bro," she looked at the mess. "Uh, do I even want to know?" "Hey, how was your day? Also, probably not," I replied. "Meh, it was a normal day. Got some homework I gotta work on. Oh, and I'm ok to go back to my house now. Thanks for letting me stay," she said.

"Yeah, no problem. Any time. Make sure you lock your doors and eat something," I tell her. I probably sound like a paranoid mom. Deciding to wait to tell her about the money she got her stuff from the guest bedroom.

Walking out of the house Saskia says, "Bye, loser," in the way you'd taunt your siblings.

After fully cleaning I ate and went to bed at eleven. As expected I couldn't sleep easily. It was dead silent so my mind was starting to wander. I dreaded falling asleep because I knew Alastor was going to scold me in hell. As much as I know he'd like to, he can't control me. Only power he has over me is through my dreams but I can still feel the pain.

Only was is because my father dead ass made my cut myself and drop the blood in a fire. No surprise that led to self harm when I was a teen but that's irrelevant.

Closing my eyes, willing sleep to come over me, I passed out.

*******

I shot up gasping for air in my bed. There was blood.

Everywhere.

"What the hell?!?" I got up and I was covered. My sheets, my walls, the ground. My hands were the absolute worst. The panicking started.

My hopes weren't high that this was a dream. It was still dark outside:

Voices started in my head. They were Latin. Chanting hymns, prayers, incantations.

They started screaming.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I stumbled to my bathroom. Thank Satan blood wasn't everywhere. I spoke too soon. I turned on the faucet. Claret blood came pouring. Quickly turning it off I looked at myself in the mirror.

The voices were ear splitting. I knew what this was. Alastor is pissed. The demons are pissed. Lucifer is pissed. Hell is pissed.

The only place there wasn't blood on was my face. Except from a bloody nose. If I thought the smell of blood was bad before, that was nothing compared to this.

I was feeling light headed and had trouble standing. What the hell. What the hell. What the hell. My brain asked over and over and over again. I felt like puking up a gallon of blood. I'm just glad Saskia isn't here.

The screams grew louder. My head was beating from a headache. I'd kill for water right now. Is this the work of Alastor? If it is, I swear I'm going to kill that son of a bitch. I don't want to play his games.

I looked myself in the eye in the mirror. My pupils dilated. Everything I've ever done flashed before me. I've said before I don't feel regret or remorse. Something wanted me to feel just that. The voices yelled, scolded, shamed me.

I knew I couldn't stay awake for long. I was going to pass out. I have never begged for mercy or forgiveness and I wasn't going to start now.

Without warning the voices and screams just stop. Catching me off guard I almost slipped on the blood. I thought it was over till another voice entered my mind.

"I really thought you'd listen to me," Alastor said to me. This time his voice wasn't has upbeat has last time.

"Go the fuck away. Clean this up. I don't have to listen to you," I responded, this time out loud.

"Oh, but you do. Like it or not, you are attached to me. And Adron isn't killing his boss. He might find you attractive but he's not doing what you think."

"What the hell is he doing then?!?"

He didn't answer.

"Alastor, fucking answer me. What is he doing?!"

"You'll find out tomorrow. Tried to warn you, kid."

The world went black.