Chapter 2: Somewhere along the lines, we stopped seeing eye to eye

Okay. Katsuki had fucked up.

He and Deku always talked about how they were going to get into UA together. They had always imagined opening their acceptance letters and celebrating getting in together.

The UA letter had arrived this morning. Katsuki had texted Deku asking if he could come over, only for Deku to very matter of factly just text him back: 'I got in' and ignoring all of Katsuki's text-yelling, leaving them on read.

Stupid All Might. Stupid One for All. Stupid secret quirk and all that bullshit.

Katsuki never imagined he'd be opening his UA acceptance/rejection letter alone.

A hologram of All Might showed up. Apparently, he was teaching at UA this year. Katsuki should probably be more excited, but Deku's absence was weighing down on him.

'You passed the written exam with flying colours, getting the third-highest score! As for the practical exam, you received 25 villain points! But you see, we weren't just watching for villain-based points! Rescue points were counted as well, which you got sixty of for saving the girl from the zero-pointer! You're in. This will be your hero academia!'

Looking at the list, he saw that he had gotten the second-highest score - 75. Third place was just one point behind him. The highest was none other than Deku, with 78 points. He had gotten 28 villain points and 60 rescue points. 

Katsuki had got in.

He debated calling Deku, but since he could see the list of top scores, he figured Deku already knew he was in. Even if he did call, he wasn't sure Deku would pick up anyway.

Katsuki received a text from All Might asking to meet at the beach again. He groaned but got up from his chair.

~*~

"Congrats on passing."

"Geez, couldn't have just texted that? Had to drag me out here an hour before my bedtime?"

"It's different," All Might insisted, "I haven't told the school about our relationship. You seem like the type who would worry about favouritism."

"Damn hell I do," Katsuki paused, "About One for All... can I really not tell anyone else about it?"

All Might raised an eyebrow, "Is there someone on your mind?"

"...my best friend has been ignoring me since he learnt I got a quirk," Katsuki admitted, "I don't know, I think he deserves to know. Despite me being quirkless, he's always supported my dream as a hero. And... fuck. He's probably mad at me, and he's literally a ray of sunshine so you can imagine how badly I fucked up if Deku's mad at me."

"You call your best friend Deku," All Might deadpanned, giving him a look.

"He's never minded. I let him call me his stupid nickname anyway, so we're both even," Katsuki sighed, "Please."

"What's his actual name?"

"Midoriya Izuku," All Might flinched, "What?"

"You mean the boy who got the highest points in the practical exam?" All Might coughed out blood when Katsuki nodded, "Well... you know how UA always does background checks right...?"

Katsuki growled, already knowing where this was going, "Don't you fucking dare."

"Young Bakugou, he barely made it in. We agreed to pass off the damage from the sludge villain since no one died. But he destroyed an entire classroom block in school because someone insulted his friend. His actions caused a student to die. Midoriya's even blacklisted by the Hero Public Safety Commission."