Chapter 13: Cause' I'm just holding on for tonight

"Who the hell cares? Let us get down there, my blood's pumping over here!"

"Shut up, you wackjobs. Not yet, we wait until all ten are here."

Ten? Did the League get more recruits? What if this wasn't even the League? Izuku hadn't heard Shigaraki or Tomura's voice just yet.

Footsteps.

"Sorry to keep you waiting."

"Job... a job..."

Izuku felt helpless back here, hiding in the tunnel. He wanted to risk a peek, but until he was sure this was the League, he couldn't show himself just yet. Getting killed by another group would completely jeopardise his mission.

"Hey... can you check if Shigaraki is there?" Izuku whispered to the pro-hero who was supposed to be with him. He got a tap on his shoulder as confirmation. Whoever the hero was, they were good at stealth, since Izuku didn't hear them walking at all, only saw the faint pressure against the dirt ground.

More taps on his shoulder. It took Izuku a while to realise it was Morse code. 'Nomu.'

So it was the League then. Izuku took in a deep breath. "Here goes nothing," he put his hands up in surrender, walking out of the tunnel, "Heeeey, guys."

All gazes landed on him, cautious. Some took fighting stances. One didn't even wait to see who Izuku was, using some sort of telekinesis quirk, and Izuku felt himself being pulled towards them.

"You're the kid that arrested Stain," one with a mutant quirk said. He was wearing a Stain cosplay. Someone who agreed with his ideals then? Was it a good idea for Izuku to be here...?

"To be fair, he was trying to kill my friend," Izuku protested, "Umm... where's Shigaraki?"

"Not here," a villain with scars all over him stepped forward, "I'm in charge."

"Huh, I was looking forward to talking with him," Izuku shrugged, "You guys new? Don't think I've seen you around before."

"And why would we tell you?"

"It doesn't really matter to me. I want to see Shigaraki." At least that villain seemed to like him. These 10 were just glaring at him like predators at their prey.

"And like I said, he's not here, so you'll be speaking to me."

"Awww, Dabi, why so serious?" a girl who looked around his age hopped up to him, "You must be the infamous Izuchan, huh? I wonder..." a knife was held to his throat, "...how handsome you'll look when you bleed."

"Knife. I've found my people," Izuku tried to act unbothered, even if the weapon and threat made him panic a little, "Care to share some techniques when we're working together?"

"Working together?" Top Hat Guy (he must be spending too much time with Kacchan, but hey, it's not like he knew their names!) asked curiously.

"I don't know if Shigaraki told you guys but..." Izuku started, "He invited me to join the League. And I've made up my mind."

Knife Girl grinned, "Ohhh, Dabi, can we keep him?"

Scarface, who he assumed was Dabi, huffed, "Shigaraki did ask us to kidnap you to... convince you to switch sides. Less work for us if you came willingly."

"What?!" Muscle Guy exclaimed, "Come on! I came here to have some fun!"

"Don't sweat it, Muscular, we still have one more kid to take," Gas Mask told him.

"Mind telling me who it is? I might know them," Izuku tried. He really hoped it was someone he didn't know though. The last thing he wanted to do was hurt one of his friends.