8. Painful Past, Hopeful Hearts.

Taehyung could see the sadness and disappointment etched on her face as she spoke, her voice filled with frustration. "I've been working for months to help Jihoon overcome his trauma, and it didn't take you a minute to undo all my efforts," she said with a tinge of hurt in her tone.

In response to y/n's words, he felt a pang of guilt. He lowered his gaze, his embarrassment evident, realizing that he had acted out of line earlier. He spoke softly, regret evident in his voice, "I'm sorry, y/n. I didn't mean to yell at you."

Her words held a firmness that couldn't be ignored. She was determined to make her point clear, her voice carried a mix of strength and disappointment. "First of all, I might not be a wife to you, but for Sera and Jihoon, I am their mother. No one can change that, not even you. So never, ever say that they are just your kids. They are my kids too," she asserted, her tone resolute yet controlled, mindful not to disturb the sleeping babies.

She couldn't help but feel a twinge of hurt at Taehyung's words to not intervene in his relationship with Jihoon.

Taehyung's voice was barely a whisper as he apologized, his remorse evident. "I'm sorry for that," he admitted, genuine regret in his tone. He realized his words had hurt her, and he wished he could take them back, especially knowing the challenges she was already facing.

Y/n's voice softened as she responded, acknowledging Taehyung's apology. "Look, Taehyung, I know you were frustrated and Jihoon's actions were innocent. The way he trembled after you left broke my heart too. Kids need to be treated with patience and love," she explained gently, her words penetrating his conscience and causing guilt to wash over him. He realized that he had unintentionally hurt his own son.

Tears welled up in Taehyung's eyes as he gazed at her, his remorse evident. "I never wanted to hurt him or you, y/n, I swear," he confessed, his voice carrying the weight of his regret and sincerity.

He reached out and gently held her hand, his touch a mix of comfort and apology. "Will he be okay? Is it going to get worse?" he inquired, his eyes filled with concern and a hint of vulnerability. Y/n was momentarily taken aback by the sudden physical contact, but she met his gaze and offered a reassuring smile. "It's alright, I'm here for him. I'll help him get better, don't worry, okay?" she replied in a gentle tone, her sincerity evident in her eyes.

Y/n nodded with determination, her focus on helping the kids evident. "And as for your anger and frustration issues, we'll start therapy for that from tomorrow, okay?" she suggested.

Taehyung's determination was equally strong as he responded, "I'll do anything for them, and I promise to never hurt them. I promise!" Y/n's smile appeared genuine, but it soon faded, and she withdrew her hand from his.

Her next words were accompanied by a sudden seriousness, "And one more request, please never yell at me. Even my father has never done that." Taehyung's heart sank with a realization of how his actions affected her, leaving him feeling remorseful for his past behavior.

Jihoon, half-asleep and rubbing his eyes, entered the room, drawing the attention of his parents. Y/n and Taehyung exchanged a soft look, their hearts warming at the sight of their son. Jihoon's words made them chuckle, "Mumma, Dada, are you guys having pizza without me?" Y/n reached out to him, and he climbed onto her lap, snuggling close. It wasn't long before the little boy drifted off to sleep, cradled safely in his mother's arms. The moment was filled with a sense of unity and love that was gradually mending the fractures of the past.