Chapter 6 - A Trip to Hogwarts

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

For the entirety of the next week, Harriet's swims in the crystal sea ceased.

She was far too busy lying in Severus's arms to entertain any other plans.

Occasionally, when the lulls between hormonal bursts allowed them time to leave Harriet's nest, the couple would venture into the private pool behind Harriet's cabin for a romp in the water.

Splashing around under the flawless sky was impossibly romantic.

As Harriet spent evenings with Severus inside her as the warm water lapped over them both, dry moans escaped her lips as she stared up at the myriad of stars while her lover helped himself to her breasts.

Both Harriet and Severus had known pain and suffering, misery, loneliness.......sheer, mortal dread.

Regardless, that blissful week they spent together in the healing resort made those dark moments seem to have been nothing more than the shadowy nightmares of some other lifetime.

—————————————————————

It destroyed Severus when Harriet's heat ended and shortly after, both of their stays at the healing spa as well.

The colours in the sky had begun to shift with autumn's approach.

On the morning of their departure, Harriet knocked on the door to Severus's cabin one last time.

He answered too quickly for his own liking as he rushed over and threw open the door.

"Good morning." Harriet nodded as she blinked up at Severus.

Several strands of his raven-black hair had fallen in his face from his hurry. He tossed them aside as he jerked his head and replied, ".......Potter."

Painfully unsure of how to proceed or what to say next, Severus's heart lifted as Harriet spoke first, "Well, I'm on my way out. Have to get back to the Ministry and all, but um....."

Severus's dark eyes softened as he waited for her to go on.

Although he was a strong, dominant alpha, a capable wizard, and the headmaster of one of the magical world's finest schools, Severus saw his own shortcomings as he balked at the chance to claim the heart of the woman who clearly held his.

"I dunno, I suppose I'll.......see you......sometime." Harriet nodded with a bittersweet smile.

Severus furrowed his brow as he cast her a pitying frown for their mutual plight.

Harriet cleared her throat as she turned and walked away with her trunk clutched in her hand.

Severus froze as he watched with the blood rushing to his ears from his own sense of unbearable remorse.

As Harriet went farther and farther away from him, two hearts were broken instead of one.

—————————————————————-

Once their stay at Palingan's Tempest concluded, Severus and Harriet both resumed their normal lives in wizarding Britain.

Harriet continued her work as an auror.

Severus conducted his duties as headmaster once classes resumed and students flooded Hogwarts castle for yet another year of learning.

Neither were happy.

As each day passed, Harriet's frown deepened.

She declined attending outings with her friends as her sadness began to take on physical expression in the form of nausea and fatigue.