four ; nightmares for the good

listen to ; eyes wide open, sabrina carpenter

Dylan Matthews was fighting the urge to sleep. There were no Shadowhunters in her dreams to kill demons, there were only villains and herself. She kept telling herself to stay awake, one more minute to the next. She constantly splashed her face, trying to keep herself from entering the world of nightmares.

Stiles sat in his room with her, trying to think of ways to convince her to sleep.

"I'll buy you a book."

"I'll give you a sweatshirt."

"I'll buy you makeup."

"I'll buy you food."

He kept spitting out suggestions, trying to get her to settle for one.

"I - I can't. I don't want to be haunted." She whispered. Her blonde hair was a mess, and around her blue eyes were red.

He whined, "Dylannnnnnn."

She mimicked him, rolling her eyes, "Stilesssssssss."

"Please sleep." He told her, "I only want the best for one of my best friends. Dylan, you don't even get a decent sleep. Please." She couldn't resist his hazel brown eyes that pouted when he said this, his pout, him.

"Fine." She crawled into her sleeping bag on the floor, wedged between Scott and Stiles.

"Goodnight," and she whispered, no one could here if but her, "Come at me, monsters. I can take you."

"Dylannnnnnnn." a hiss.

"Dylannnnnn. Everyone has it, no one can lose it. What is it?"

Dylan shook her head. She didn't know. She didn't know. And that would hurt her friends and family.

"I - I don't know. Please, don't hurt them." She whimpered. She felt small, and fragile. Scared and horrified at the creature standing in front of her.

"We're going to kill them. Everyone you love. You're going to watch, then die after." It threatened as it walked around in circles.

"I DON'T KNOW!"

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it?"

"Please don't hurt him. Hurt me. Take me. Don-"

"DYLAN!"

"DYLAN!"

Her eyes shot open and found the two boys standing in front of her.

"Stiles, Scott! You're alive! Oh my god." She whimpered in pain. Not physical pain. Mental pain. Emotional pain.

"Of course we are. Why wouldn't we be?" Scott quizzed, moving towards Dylan.

"Nothing. Never mind. I don't want to talk about it."

"Alright." Both the boys gave her a big hug, just as to say "we love you Dylan."

And she knew, they were her brothers now.

Great.

She was in love with one of her "brothers".