five ; three am water breaks

listen to ; fight song, rachel platten

"Mom! I'm home!" Dylan shouted, putting down the grocery bags.

"Great! Hey, Dyl." Her mom smiled warmly at her.

"I'm going to attempt to do math."

"Okay. You need help?" Mrs. Matthews asked her daughter.

"I got it. Scott got this girl, Lydia, to copy her notes for me. I think they might work." She relied, running a hand through her blonde hair.

So, she sat on her bead, slowly reading the notes and trying to understand them. Though she thought she got it, she wasn't so sure.

»

"Dylan, come on, god damn, pick up the phone." Stiles cursed. He had urgently needed her to pick up her freaking phone.

He spit out a few more cuss words in his time of slight anger before calming down.

"Oh, Dylan. Please, pick up the phone."

He had pondered going to her house, but that seemed stalkerish, right? So, he sat in his room, wondering how to tell her.

» (A/N ; sorry for all the time slips oops)

»

Dylan was awoken at three am by extremely terrifying creature, that of course, had haunted her dreams.

Beads of sweat appeared on her forehead and she kicked off the black blankets. She tiptoed quietly into the kitchen, slowly filling the glass with ice cold water.

She stood there for who knows how long. Her mind was other places, thinking about Stiles, and how he was probably sound asleep, without a care in the world. He probably dreamt of Lydia Martin and the other pretty girls of the school, but not Dylan.

It broke her heart, but she knew he wouldn't even love her. She was too... shy. Shy was the right word.

He could tell she was holding back from telling him things, or asking him questions. He could tell she was shy, and he didn't know why. Of course, why wasn't the right word, he meant around him. Skinny, sarcastic, dorky Stiles.

The boy that made her heart race.