Chapter 21: Hayden

I stared at the object in my hand. If you were expecting it to be a promise ring or a necklace, well, you're wrong.

But then again, I wasn't disappointed that it wasn't something terribly cliché. It means he thought of it all by himself.

I heard a noise to my right and saw a sleepy Liam wake up from his slumber. "Skylar, what are you doing? Its 3 in the morning. Goodness gracious child,"

"Hey, wait a minute. What's that?" He pointed to the item in my hands. I smiled and showed it to him. "It's from Blane. He told me to open it when I was feeling sad, and I figured it's now or never," I sadly smiled.

"Is this one of those orbee water bracelet things?" He squeezed the bracelet in his hands.

I giggled and took it from his grasp, so that he didn't break it. "It's one of those Lokai bracelets. It's for your highest points and lowest points in life. You see, the white bead is water from Mount Everest, which is the highest point in the world. The black one is mud from the Black Sea. The lowest point in the world." I pointed to both of the colors on opposite sides of each other.

Liam nodded his head in understandment. He got out of his bed and came to sit on my bed with me. He reached for the covers on my bed and put them over him.

"So, if you opened it, it meant that you were sad right?" He questioned, looking me in the eyes.

"Yeah, you could say that," I looked down at my hands as they roam over the bed sheets. The fabric was oddly uncomfortable, but gave me the feeling of my bed at home. Or should I say, my old home.

"Then spill girlfriend!" He said in a girl tone. I shook my head and I could tell he knew what was bothering me.

"It's about Hayden, isn't it." I gulped and nodded.

Losing Hayden was one of the most horrific things I have been through, other than my mother. He was my rock, my guardian angel. I just wish I could have done something sooner to save his life. Old me didn't care back then. I hate myself for not giving him the time that a normal brother and sister would have. I wanted to fight with him over the stupidest things. Have him threaten my boyfriend or any other male that even comes near me.

"C'mon Sky, you know that it wasn't your fault." He slid over to me and put his arm around my shoulder.

My head relaxed on his shoulder and I took a deep breath. "Now go back to sleep and we can talk about this tomorrow. I can even go home early with you if thats what you want," Liam kissed me on the forehead and moved back over to his bed and once he hit it, he was sound asleep.

After sitting there for a long period of time, I dozed off into a peaceful slumber.

* * *

*2 years ago*

"For the love of God, Skylar. Would it kill you to stay one night with your family?" Hayden crossed his arms over his chest and looked at me with a stern look.

"Lighten up bro, let me go out this last time and I will make sure to be here tomorrow night. Well, maybe, no promises." I opened up my window and started to climb out when another voice stopped me.

"Listen to Hayden, Sky. He just wants what's best for you." Jennifer, Hayden's significant other pleaded.

Ignoring their comments, I stepped through the window and jumped down to the ground. Getting up, I could see Hayden and Jennifer looking at me through the window. The look on their faces told me enough already. They were disappointed.