𝟏𝟒. two days left

THE REASON

chapter fourteen ; two days left
[ season five – episode ten ]

chapter fourteen ; two days left[ season five – episode ten ]

   GLENN WATCHED HIS wife suffer. From sitting in the trunk of the van, the doors open so it didn't get too hot for her inside, his heart clenched with every second she tried to breathe.

For the previous four days, since Tyreese had died, Kloe's asthma worsened. She persevered with it for a couple of days, shrugging it off and thinking it would get better. It never did.

While the others sat outside of the van, waiting for Daryl, Maggie, and Sasha to return, Kloe rested across the seats inside the vehicle. She had used the lasting reliever Noah had given her — yet without the preventer, it was pointless.

They had also gone days without water and were near enough desperate. Even rain water would've been good for them. For March, the weather was extremely abnormal.

The three that had gone out into the woods were scavenging for food and water. However, the creeks had all dried out. With every one they found, they were dry to the core.

Kloe stared out of the window opposite her, using all her inner strength in an attempt to take at least one deep breath. The wheeze in her chest was disturbingly loud and made her wince everytime she did.

Glenn watched her for a minute, her fatigued eyes occasionally blinking. Her chapped lips were also noticeable. Having to breathe through her mouth to make it easier and less painful for her made her ten times thirstier than the others.

They were all weak, but she felt like a complete burden being the weakest.

He sighed deeply before hauling himself inside the vehicle and setting himself behind the seat she was leaning on. "How're you doing?" He didn't really have to ask, he could see exactly how she was doing. And it wasn't good.

She parted her lips, not taking her brown hues off the nature beyond the window. "Shit," she whispered, barely talking being the only volume she could speak.

Being closer to her, he finally took in her appearance properly. She was fatigued from having no sleep at night, afraid that she would stop breathing while she slept. Her face was somewhat pale and dripping with cold sweat.

She was only afraid, while Glenn was petrified. She looked terrifyingly similar to the time she had the virus that spread through the prison at the speed of light.

He ran his fingers through her damp, raven brown hair. He rested his forehead against the side of her head. "You're gonna be okay," he tried to reassure, not just her but himself too.