𝟑𝟎. positive

THE REASON

chapter thirty ; positive
[ season six – episode five }

chapter thirty ; positive[ season six – episode five }

   SHE SLOWLY BEGAN to regain the consciousness she had lost. Yet it was rather strange to have those senses return to her. She expected to hear the group she was with plan out what they had to do to return to Alexandria, yet she heard nothing.

It was as quiet as the backroads would be at the dead of night — back when the world was normal, obviously. The air was peaceful and so were the limbs in her body. At first, she thought she was dead. Maybe her body had finally given up on her. For the first time in weeks or months or even years she felt not a single inch of pain throughout her entire body.

Both mentally and physically she couldn't feel anything negative, only positive. She couldn't describe it at first. She had forgotten everything she cared for along with the way the world worked, and she truly thought that she had woken up in the afterlife. She deserved it. She deserved the peace and quiet.

Inconspicuously, her brows edged downward. She thought she was numb until she made the certain motion. She could smell the rich, bitter aroma of coffee. Something wasn't right. It felt like only a few minutes before that she had... she couldn't remember.

Now she was desperate to open her eyes. She wanted to know what the hell was going on. But she couldn't find the heart to. She was peaceful and she had not a single care in the world.

Who was she?

She didn't remember feeling anything like this...

What's going on?

She needed to wake up. Her friends were possibly in danger. They were running from the herd. Something at her home was wrong. All of her family were in danger.

And so she did. Her eyelids slowly lifted up, expecting to see a ceiling to an abandoned building after realizing she was on something soft. A mattress. At first everything was a blur, but as she blinked more frequently the more she noticed that she recognized the ceiling above her.

"Oh my God," someone gasped from beside her, resulting in her survival instincts kicking in. Her neck snapped over to the side, frowning intensely. Her muscles relaxed as she took in the features of the person. Isabelle? Wait... the infirmary. "She's up, Ro!" she beamed, rising to her feet and called over to one of the other people in the room.

Footsteps sounded from the other side of the room, causing Kloe to snap her neck the opposite direction. The particular Hispanic woman Isabelle had called to had a wide smile on her face as she held onto a mug of hot coffee. "Thank God. We were worried you weren't going to wake up for at least a day. You were extremely exhausted, Klo."