Part 16

© Joanna Bock 2013 All Rights Reserved.

First Draft

         To my girl Casander ~xoxo Love you

CHAPTER 22    

Sarah

SARAH stared as she walked into the large entrance. Stairs rose on both her left and right as they scooped up arching into the centre of a landing on a higher floor. Long slim windows looked out over the fields and water of Casander’s pond in which Sarah had just seen the truth in her worst fears. The stone walls were scattered with large tapestries’ and other artefacts’ Sarah assumed were of the realm.

“Please come with me Casander will meet with you in just a moment.”

Sarah turned pulling her attention back to Zhan as he led her friends into a room under the arch of the stairs.

Inside Sarah was greeted with the comforts of a sitting room which over looked a large garden which resembled a winter garden type of rain forest.

“Please rest and be comfortable my friends.” Zhan held out his hand offering them the couches and chairs that gathered around an oversized coffee table.

Katarna and Quynn both sat on a small couch for two.

Josh sat in a chair with other sized arms as Sarah watched Lucas pace the room. He had no intention in sitting anywhere she realised as he eyed every space and corner of the small cluttered space. Sarah decided to take the other seat near Josh and she slumped, wishing Lucas could at least seem to relax even if it was too much to ask for him to be comfortable in the space.

Sarah stared out into the garden. Flowers she had never seen before seemed to bloom right before her eyes and trees gently danced in a non-existent breeze.

“No harm will come to Sarah here Lucas you may let your guard down enough to relax.”

Sarah turned to see a beautiful women walking toward them.

“Oh hello Casander, I just__ Ah I’m__”

“Uncomfortable.” Casander supplied.

“It is a way to put it I guess.” Lucas mumbled in reply.

“Please sit down Lucas I am not a treat to anyone here. And I have nothing other than the truth to offer your fated one Lucas.

Lucas didn’t say anything as he walked over to Sarah holding out his hand to her. She took it and he pulled her to her feet and led her over to another couch pulling her close as he sat down cradling her against him in the safety of his arms.

“Will you please just relax. You are making me nervous now.” Sarah hissed at him.

“I’m sorry.” He growled.

Sarah angled her face up to look at him and smiled shaking her head. Lucas didn’t loosen his hold on her but she wasn’t sure she wanted him to let her go either.

“He is a wolf Sarah; with passion at that. It is only natural for his over protective nature to shine in a place he is not willing to be. You are his fated one. His intertwine he will always protect you from what he is not comfortable around.

“If I see a reason to protect her I will.”

“And so you should Lucas. There will be times when it is required you do so; as there will be times when you will not be there to protect her either. I will explain all of these things when it is right.”