Guiding Hands

Last night was quite an adventure. She and I went out for drinks, and things took an unexpected turn. As the night progressed, she had a bit more to drink than she could handle, and it started affecting her balance.

Seeing her struggle, I couldn't just stand by. I immediately offered my help, holding her by the arm to steady her as we navigated through the drizzling rain and the dimly lit streets. I wanted to make sure she got home safely, no matter what.

As we walked, she stumbled again, and without a second thought, I put my arm around her waist to prevent her from falling. Our eyes met for a moment, and my heart skipped a beat. But I didn't want to assume anything, so I quickly let go.

The rain and the cool breeze made the night feel more magical, despite the challenges. To my surprise, as we continued walking, she intertwined her fingers with mine. My heart felt warm and my pulse quickened. It was an incredible moment, and I couldn't help but wonder what it meant.

However, I didn't want to make any hasty conclusions. I knew alcohol could make things complicated, and I wanted to respect her feelings and our friendship. So, I focused on getting her into a cab safely, making sure she was comfortable and on her way home.

As she sat in the cab, she smiled. I felt a mix of emotions and let her go...