Chapter 3 - Parade of Smoke and Mirrors

All eyes were on the two District 1 tributes as they arrived, Destiny was making her way back to her cart when she bumped into Cherryl. "Oh! Are you okay?" Cherryl asked holding her arm so she didn't fall. "Yeah, I guess I'm just disoriented by this all, and this huge dress!" Destiny said dusting off some of the glitter that rubbed off from Cherryl's outfit. "The dress looks great! and warm... " Said Cherryl who was basically shivering from the revealing outfit she wore. "The climate's defiantly colder here." She added laughing. "Yeah, weird how that works." Destiny said before sticking out her hand. "My name is Destiny by the way."  Cherryl shook her hand "Cherryl." Then Destiny was spotted by Sanford who strutted over to them before taking Destiny by the hand and without another word he dragged her over to the cart. Destiny waved at Cherryl before turning towards the taller guy. "What the fuck is your deal lately man?" Sanford simply shrugged, pretending to not be interested in her question despite the answer laying on the tip of his tongue.

Goldie looked at Wayland, upset he was still mad at her she sighed, this didn't go unnoticed by Harlee who came over to the sad girl to maybe cheer her up a bit. "Hey, little one." She said earning a glare from Wayland who huffed and looked away again. Goldie looked at her, surprised anyone would talk to her. She thought everyone would be upset with her. "You look like a princess! Your stylist dressed you prettier than mine did." Harlee said with a giggle. Goldie gave her the biggest smile she could manage. "You have beautiful hair, I wish I had your hair," Harlee said and Goldie nodded shyly. "You cheered her up can you scram now? I don't have any interest in having lower scum around my cart." Harlee took that as a sign to leave. When she was back at the cart she was greeted by a nervous Reesee "Poor girl." She said with a sigh. "That brute of a man has definitely taken an emotional toll on her." She looked at the now red-faced Wayland.

Heather was observing the different outfits when she noticed someone struggling with her dress, she walked over hoping that her expertise in the field could help her. "Hi, do you need help? You seem to be struggling."  She asked sounding as polite as possible. Rozanne didn't appreciate her help and huffed. "I can do it myself!" She said ripping the train at the stitches, Heather gasped. "Are you sure you don't need help?" She offered again with a small smile. "Ugh! Can you like leave me alone?" Heather stood there stunned as Rozanne stomped off leaving her train behind. she picked it up and wanted to return it, she stood there debating it for a bit before she heard someone clear their throat, it was Garret, wanting to return his sister's train to her. "O-oh! Here!" Heather said. The tall guy in front of her made her nervous so she looked away to avoid eye contact. "Sorry for her. She's just... nervous." He said trying to sound convincing, he didn't want to scare any potential help for Rozanne off by letting them know she was a bit hard to work with. "Aren't we all?" Heather chuckled, her nerves slowly subsiding knowing that at least this ginger didn't hate her. Garret shook his head. "Oh." Heather said, she didn't know this guy was so confident that he wasn't even nervous not knowing it was because he didn't want to win. "Great talking to you." Heather said nervously chuckling and turning to walk away. She would make sure never to come face to face with that guy again.

Jade was looking for this opportunity, as soon as Delores was wandering about she walked to Ray who was tapping his fingers rhythmically on the Cart and striking poses for swooning Capitol fans. She had him alone, she was going to propose a plan he couldn't refuse. "Hello. My name is Jade, I'm from District 6 and I want to help you win the hunger games." She had practiced that on the way here making sure it came out confident and effortlessly. "Okay." Ray said not even turning around to face her, still smiling and posing. It annoyed her a bit but she brushed it off, her eyes narrowing slightly. "We'll talk more during training but I have to say, your hair looks great." Ray smiled more, it looked like he was getting annoyed as well. "I know." That pissed Jade off so she took the back of his armour and tapped on it hard. making sure it made a loud bang noise, so loud it threw Ray off balance for one of his pictures. "Ohhh nooo I'm sooo sorry!" She said making puppy eyes. "I better go!" she said running back to Rocky who was laughing at Ray.

The parade was about to start and the tributes were told to go back to their respective carts.

District one was first Delores tried copying Ray's movement when it came to smiling and waving.

District 2 followed, Goldie was barely tall enough to look over the cart, earning a few coo's from the audience to Wayland's annoyance

District 3 was right behind them, Carlton tried waving but he stopped after seeing that all eyes were on Khloe

District 4 had the Lovell siblings looking equally as pissed, Rozanne because her dress was ruined and Garret because of all the attention he was receiving.

District 5 went smoothly considering the tension. They looked at the audience and not each other though making people question their dynamic.

District 6 consisted of a pissed Jade and an overly excited Rocky. Rocky didn't know who to wave at so he waved at everyone, with two hands, whilst jumping.

District 7 was mostly Destiny who waved and looked gracefully trying to ignore the glances Sanford made at her. When they were in the middle of the ride the mossy pattern on their outfits exploded into flowers, wooing the audience

District 8 was Darrin and Heather who kept trying to outshine the other with waving, smiling and looking good.

District 9 had the two tributes whispering amongst each other, pointing out ridiculous outfits and giggling.

District 10 - 12 weren't paid attention to, most of the audience already leaving to get a good seat at the interviewing show.