Chapter 12 - Silent Night

Khloe hadn't slept that night, she felt too conflicted to, she knew it was a killing game but she didn't have to be heartless right? She could help people and win herself, she knew she could. So why couldn't she win Carlton over, they're from the same district! They're supposed to be a team! They're supposed to be together until the end. She gritted her teeth as she decided to go out for a walk, maybe get some berries on the way.

She stepped over Ray with a deep sigh, with her head in the air to get a fresh breath of air. She made sure not to wake him or Jade as she slipped away for a bit. Then as she was walking she spotted a figure, near the wall she decided to lay low in the bushes. The figure looked around before grabbing a stick and watched as it caught fire, it then showed his face. It was Carlton. He was walking around with the torch looking for something. Khloe didn't dare move, she was covered in the bushes and didn't move until he left. Well, he didn't for a long time, and she may have fallen asleep.

Heather was sitting down at the cave, eyes falling shut slowly as she tried to keep herself awake. She was about to go back inside to rest before she began hearing someone approach. She looked behind her at the sleeping boy, with all her might she carried Rocky and ran, leaving all food and weapons in a hurry. Just in time for Garrett to see them. He didn't know where to go so he followed them.

As Heather ran she passed a hidden Cherryl who held her sobs at the sound of 4 feet passing her. She couldn't sleep after seeing Goldie and Harlee die, her eyes foggy from crying. She had been sitting in a tree, trying to go back to sleep, trying to wake up next to her dog.

Paxton was also hoping life was a bad dream right now, pretending to sleep whilst the dumb brute next to him was snoring loudly wasn't easy. After an hour or so he got up and snuck off into the night, twigs and leaves crunched under his shoes as he grabbed the journal he snuck from the cornucopia, something to remain safe. He began writing down his plan, to backstab his group, he wrote about how Destiny could be used to make Sanford do as he wishes if everything went wrong until he heard footsteps, he quickly hid the journal and looked up. "Can't sleep?" Asked the voice of Destiny, he nodded trying to not look suspicious as he stood up. "Suppose we should go back before that big giant misses us and goes on like, a rampage." He awkwardly chuckled and walked past her. Destiny looked around for a second, trying to find what he was hiding before running after him. "So, how did you keep sane with him?" She tried starting a conversation. "Don't know, just didn't expect him to be rash, like I knew he was unexpectable but to straight up kidnap someone? Wow." Paxton mutters looking over at the sleeping man. "Did you really like- punch him? on stage?" He chuckled looking over at her again. Destiny grinned and nodded "And I'd do it again if it wasn't kill or be killed." Destiny looked away, "And I was having a bad day, I mean being picked at Starving day and all." Paxton couldn't imagine someone being mad about that, Hell he betrayed someone to get here. "So... you didn't want to compete?" He carefully asked, not wanting to make attachments but also wanting his curiosity to be satiated. Destiny shook her head. "Leave my dad? My friends, hell I would've rather shot myself there then do all this glitz and glamour just to die anyways." Paxton felt a wave of uncomfort wash over him. "Right. uh... then win?" He offered before muttering something about going to bed leaving Destiny there to think to herself for a bit."