Chapter 18

The next morning Deimos sits between Fred and George, looking very pale in comparison to the others "You've got to eat some breakfast. Both of you." Ron tells Harry and Deimos. "I don't want anything." Harry responds as Deimos shakes his head. "Just a bit of toast." Hermione tries. "I'm not hungry." Harry tells her as Deimos shakes his head again. Fred and George look at each other and nod "Dei if you don't eat we'll send a letter to mum." Fred tells him. "And you know how she gets." George adds. Deimos groans and picks up an apple, beginning to eat it "Harry, you need your strength. Seekers are always the ones who get clobbered by the other team." Seamus tells him. "Thanks, Seamus." Harry responds. Deimos finishes his apple and puts his head in his hands, pulling at his hair slightly. "Come on, we better head down." Fred tells Deimos and Harry, standing up. Deimos nods and stands up, Harry and George also standing.

Deimos changes into his robes and sits on a bench in the changing room, Fred and George sitting either side of him. Oliver clears his throat as he stands in front of the team "Okay, men." he starts. "And women." Angelina Johnson cuts in, motioning to herself and Alicia Spinnet. "And women. This is it." Oliver continues. "The big one." Fred continues. "The one we've all been waiting for." George adds. "We know Oliver's speech by heart, we were on the team last year." Fred tells Harry. "Shut up, you two. This is the best team Gryffindor's had in years. We're going to win. I know it. Right. It's time. Good luck, all of you." Oliver tells the team, leading them out onto the pitch. Deimos takes a breath as he walks onto the pitch, cheers immediately exploding from the spectators "Now, I want a nice fair game, all of you." Madam Hooch tells the teams. Deimos sees a Gryffindor banner with his name and a drawing of a bowtruckle and niffler, making a burst of courage flood through him "Mount your brooms, please." Madam Hooch tells the teams. Everyone mounts their brooms making Madam Hooch blow her whistle, making everyone take flight into the air "And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor - what an excellent Chaser that girl is, and rather attractive, too-" Lee Jordan starts. "JORDAN!" McGonagall cuts him off. "Sorry, Professor." Lee apologises.

Deimos smiles lightly as he closely follows Angelina "And she's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Katie Bell - back to Johnson and - no, the Slytherins have taken the Quaffle, Slytherin Captain Marcus Flint gains the Quaffle and off he goes - Flint flying like an eagle up there - he's going to sc - no, stopped by an excellent move by Gryffindor Keeper Wood and the Gryffindors take the Quaffle - nice dive around Flint, off up the field and - OUCH - that must have hurt, hit in the back of the head by a Bludger - Quaffle taken by the Slytherins - that's Adrian Pucey speeding off toward the goal posts, but he's blocked by a second Bludger - sent his way by Fred or George Weasley, can't tell which - nice play by the Gryffindor Beater, anyway, and Johnson back in possession of the Quaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes - she's really flying - dodges a speeding Bludger - pass to Deimos Malfoy-Weasley, the newest chaser of the team - and the youngest in a century - the goal posts are ahead - come on, now, Deimos - Keeper Bletchley dives - misses - GRYFFINDOR SCORE!" Lee continues. Deimos smiles as he scores the first goal for Gryffindor, and his first ever goal for the team.

"Slytherin in possession. Chaser Pucey ducks two Bludgers, two Weasleys, and Chaser Bell, and speeds toward the - wait a moment - was that the Snitch?" Lee asks, watching as Pusey drops the Quaffle at the sight of the Snitch speeding past him. Harry speeds towards the Snitch with Higgs close behind him, everyone stopping to watch the two seekers neck and neck. Suddenly Marcus Flint darts in front of Harry, smacking into him and sending him off course. Madam Hooch shouts at Flint and gives the Gryffindor team a penalty shot "So - after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating-" Lee starts. "Jordan!" McGonagall warns. "I mean, after that open and revolting foul-" Lee continues. "Jordan, I'm warning you-" McGonagall cuts him off again. "All right, all right. Flint nearly kills the Gryffindor Seeker, which could happen to anyone, I'm sure, so a penalty to Gryffindor, taken by Bell, who puts it away, no trouble, and we continue play, Gryffindor still in possession." Lee tells the crowd. Deimos follows behind Katie and Angelina as they head towards the goal posts, dodging an incoming Bludger that George hits towards Flint. "Slytherin in possession - Flint with the Quaffle - passes Johnson - passes Bell - hit hard in the face by a Bludger, hope it broke his nose - only joking, Professor - Slytherins score - A no -" Lee is cut off as the Slytherins cheer loudly.

All of a suddenly a Bludger is sent towards Deimos, making him try and dodge but get hit in the side. Groaning, he tries to keep hold of his broom "You alright Deimos?" Angelina asks. "Y-Yeah, just w-winded." Deimos nods. Looking up, the two of them see Harry being shaken around on his broom. Fred and George hover below, ready to catch Harry if he falls from his broom. After a few minutes, Harry's broom stops making him pull himself up properly. Harry suddenly shoots for the ground and dives forward, landing on all fours "What the...!?" Deimos mumbles. Coughing, Harry spits out the Snitch "I've got the Snitch!" he shouts, waving it above his head and ending the game. "GRYFFINDOR WINS ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY TO SIXTY!" Lee shouts. The Gryffindor team land and congratulate each other "Nice shot Deimos!" Fred smiles, hugging his brother. Deimos smiles but winces "What was that? Are you hurt?" George asks. "I got hit by a Bludger while Harry was nearly falling off his broom. I'm fine though." Deimos tells them, seeing the look of guilt on their faces.

"He's fine you two, we've all had worse while playing." Bill smiles, walking over to his brothers. "BILL!" Deimos grins, hugging his eldest brother. "Hey Dei, that was some first game. Come on, let's get you checked over by Madame Pomfrey while we catch up. You two get changed before coming up, I've already seen Ron." Bill smiles, gently hugging his youngest brother back. Deimos smiles and talks animatedly to Bill as his brother takes him to the hospital wing "Sounds like youve been having fun." Bill smiles. "I have. Wish Ron would stop being an ass though." Deimos mutters. "Hey, he just doesn't understand your love for animals and creatures. He'll come round." Bill tells him. Deimos shrugs "It's not just that... Since we came to school he hasn't been acting the same with me, he's acting as if he's better than me... that I'm not his brother. Which I'm not..." Deimos tells him. "Deimos, look at me. You may not share the same blood as us, but you are our brother. Nothing will ever change that. If Ron is acting like that then I can talk to him about it. Don't ever think like that, you're family, you're my baby brother." Bill tells him, stopping Deimos and crouching to his height. Deimos nods "Okay." he responds, Bill smiling and kissing the top of his head. "Come on, you could have broken something." he tells him.