Trust

Viper woke up slowly, holding her head as she sat up on the bed. She had a huge headache. Looking around in the room, she noticed she wasn't in her bedroom. As she remembered the last night, she felt her cheeks heating up. If Chamber didn't stop her, they would have fucked that night. She was grateful cause Chamber knew she wasn't going to be happy afterward if that had happened.

"Are you awake?"

She heard him. She looked at the door, nodding slowly. Chamber walked to her, sitting next to her. He put his hand on her chin, lifting it up for her to look at him. Viper stared at his eyes for some time, backing away when she noticed the position. A soft chuckle got out of Chamber's lips as he storked her hair gently.

"Don't be shy, you were so happy to be near me yesterday, yes?"

He smirked, watching as Viper's cheeks got redder. Viper sighed, looking at him.

"What's with the injury in your arm?"

She asked, trying to change the topic. He removed his shirt and then the bandages on his arm. Viper looked away, gulping for a moment before she looked at him again.
Chamber grinned.

"Take a look yourself, mademoiselle."

Viper hestitated before putting her hand next to his injury. She looked at it carefully.

"It is new..."

Chamber nodded. Viper touched it with her finger to see how much does it hurt. He didn't react. At least, I tried to.

"What happened?"

Viper asked, looking at the bullethole.

"This is a bullet shot. Who did shoot you?"

"Mi-"

"I know it's not a mission, I have the paper which shows who got into the missions of this week. Who shot you?"

Chamber sighed, standing up.

"You are smart, Viper. But why do you care about my injury that much, may I ask?"

Viper stood up as well, not breaking eye contact with him.

"I am wondering why the Chamber who always talks with me disappeared for 1 week and when he came back has an injury on his arm, don't you think that is normal?"

The gun he was preparing was a gift for Viper. If she knew he shot himself, she would know he was preparing a new gun, and maybe want to see for proof. He hated that Viper never trusted him.

"Let me show you, follow me."

Viper followed Chamber down to his workshop. Chamber showed a green gun, which is perfectly designed and had black accessories on it.

"I was working on this gun, which I was gonna gift you, but I ended up shooting myself on the arm."

Viper looked at the gun for a moment, feeling her cheeks heat up once more. Chamber got in front of her, lifting her chin up. Viper looked at his eyes once more.

"Viper, stop being stubborn and give in. Trust me."

He put his other hand on his cheek, moving the one on her chin to her cheek.

"Please just give me one chance."

Viper stared into his eyes, leaning onto his touch slowly. She put her hand on top of his hand.

"Chamber, I'm not being stubborn. I just can't be with you."

"Why?"

The silence filled the room. Viper couldn't be together with him. She couldn't let go of him. He was going to be okay, that's what she promised to him. Viper backed away, taking a few steps back.