Chapter 6-In the present

Lyn was alone and the square was oversaturated with regular observers to the most critical of them. Not judging, but the critics of white collard professions were slightly asking themselves where they could be used in day-to-day operations.

All claimed they sought the same goal: to connect potential investors with up-and-coming startups. The startups would benefit by getting exposure and feedback, and the investors would benefit by positioning themselves to gain a share of the new company's success. Yet these same people controlled the currency, which effectively controlled the supply of startup deals. They were the ones controlling the blood supply, deciding how many deals would be available and who would get them.

Most were great, many were adequate and some were just good. At this specific location, adequate is hailed as better than just good. Most inventions came into being with great haste, and most were built for specific purposes. At this particular location, even the seemingly imperfect devices were considered to be better than the run-of-the-mill creations. Over time the renowned power of a fitting application had added its validation, and thus the greatest achievement was not in what an invention could do, but whether it suited its purpose.

All the great inventions of Krye Park originate at East 6 Southeast. Like most they are born as inventions, then evolve into massive machines, until it's matured into a major corporations of capitalism only adding a singular drop into the glass of over-filled water.

Talent and entrepreneurship.

The early afternoon sun shone down upon the rows of presenting tables, reflecting off of shiny metal, causing them to sparkle and add just another sense of intrigue to each physical idea.

One table must be rejoicing since his invention included the use of solar panels. Was it another solution to solar energy? No, no that has already been established; there must be a more in-depth meaning behind it.

Another table seemed to gain the most followership this day—a claim and a machine to challenge the basic foundation of the creation and destruction of energy. A graduate of Krye Park University class of 2022; this seemed to have been a project that took a while.

A machine to challenge the law of conservation of energy.

It sounds more ludacris the more you ponder its plausibility.

I am almost certain science is not on his side. But now as I think about it, I do wonder. Don't think of me as incompetent—science is constantly evolving and expanding. What if this was a step forward in a way? You always notice television shows expressing the creation of freethinking AI or robots—for them to have human emotions. Now while that happens to only be science fiction, we could...maybe just maybe.

I would hold my breath.

And I also come to his side once more. If a life-sized music box with its functionality the way it was built and produced acutely. Technology has reached its new era: the Artificial age.

The critics and the investors laughed as they caught wind of such an idea, then continued. To... stumble upon a more legitimate creation.

Lyn wandered, not lost, but not found either; Tammy had agreed upon Lyn's decision to visit. With the statement that it would be beneficial since the stress of her week had been a heavy load. To take her mind off—that was what she said.

And yes, her mind was gratefully distracted; people with no worry passed her, brilliant minds presenting brilliant inventions with not a thought of education.

Every second booth—or every third, simple interviews were given to the inventors. Simple questions asked for information, and the exchange attracted a small crowd of citizens packed with interest.