For the record, I'll always love you too

Cole- Lili, we can't keep doing this!

Lili- Doing what? Having sex?!

Cole got out from under Lili and grabbed his sweatpants, throwing them on before walking out of their bedroom.

Lili sighed and grabbed her shorts and t-shirt from the floor, putting them on quickly before walking out to Cole who was standing in the kitchen, drinking a glass of whiskey.

Lili- Stop walking away from me while we're having a conversation! (yells)

Cole- I wasn't walking away from our conversation! I was walking away from you trying to fuck your way through our fight, like always! (yells)

Lili- It's not just me, Cole! You do it too! (yells)

Cole- I know, and I regret it. We need to stop avoiding our problems, Lili.

She nodded and looked him in the eyes.

Lili- Then let's talk.

He nodded and the two of them walked into their living room and sat down on the couch.

Cole- Lil's, as much as it pains me to say this, I think we need a break from each other. We've been fighting constantly, and recently our relationship has been more exhausting than anything else.

Lili- (nods) I agree. (softly)

Cole- Do you want me to move out for a little while? I can go stay with Kage for a bit-

Lili- N-No, I'd rather not live on my own right now...I'll go and stay with Madelaine while we figure all of this out.

Cole- Are you sure?

Lili- Yeah, I'm sure.

Cole nodded and the two of them stood up, walking back to their bedroom.

Lili grabbed a bag and packed some necessities to go away for a week...and as soon as she was done, he walked her to the front door.

Cole- I-I um...I'll see you at work, I guess?

Lili nodded and began tearing up before placing her bag down on the ground and wrapping her arms around her boyfriend.

Cole- Don't be upset, this will be good for us, okay?

She nodded once again and pulled away before kissing his lips softly...then she left.

~Six months later~

Covid had shut everything down.

Not even a week after Lili and Cole had separated, Covid had uprooted everyone's lives as the quarantines had started.

Everyone from the Riverdale cast was flown home for their safety, meaning that Lili and Cole never saw each other, other than their occasional conversations over text. But since they hardly spoke to each other for the entire duration of the quarantine, they both assumed that their relationship was pretty much over.

But now it was September and the cast was finally back in Vancouver to start filming again.

It was the night before they were going back to set and Lili was laying in her bed in her new apartment about to go to sleep, but suddenly she started feeling immense pain on the right side of her stomach.

Lili- (groans) F-Fuck.

She had been having stomach pain for a few weeks, but within the last few days it had gotten a lot worse.

She tried to just sleep it off, but at this point, the pain was killing her, and she couldn't take it.

On the phone: