Finding you pt 2

Then the door opened.

Betty- J-Jughead...

Jughead- Hey, we need to talk.

Betty- (sighs) Now is not a good time, Jug.

Jughead- Betty, this is important-

???- Mommy, can Grandma take me to Pops?

Jughead- Mommy?

Layla- Mommy? (tears)

Layla stepped around Jughead and looked at her mother who was bending down to pick up the little girl next to her.

Once her daughter was in her arms, Betty looked up and saw the girl in front of her. She was confused at first but suddenly her eyes widened and she began to tear up.

Betty- (gasps) Layla? (tears)

The girl shook her head and began to back up slowly. Jughead tried to grab her arm, but before he could, she bolted.

Jughead- Layla! Stop!

He was about to run after her but Betty stopped him.

Betty- Wait, I need to go with you! (tears)

Jughead- Fine, but we have to go now!

Betty nodded and turned around to see her mother in shock behind her.

Alice- Betty, what is going on?

Betty- Just take Mia, I need to go with Jughead.

Alice nodded and took the little girl from Betty's arms, then she and Jughead instantly began running down the street in the direction that Layla had gone.

They ran for a few minutes, but as they reached the end of the street they stopped.

Jughead- Fuck! Where did she go?

Betty- I don't know. (softly)

He took a deep breath and ran his fingers through his hair before turning to Betty who still had tears in her eyes.

Jughead- You know what? This is all your fault! If you would have just told me about her when you had her then we wouldn't be in this situation!

Betty- (sighs) I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you, but you were already off to school to follow your dream. I didn't want to be the one that held you back from being the first person in your family to go to college. And we didn't exactly leave on good terms. (tears)

Jughead- I'm sorry we didn't leave on good terms...and I appreciate that you wanted me to succeed, but we could've made it work, Betts. (softly)

Betty- I know, but I was 19, and scared, and I had no fucking clue what I was doing. (tears)

He sighed and walked over to her, taking her hands before kissing them softly.

Jughead- It's okay, let's just go find her.

The two of them turned and walked through the path in the woods that led them to Sweetwater River. And as they arrived at the water, they saw the young girl sitting on the rocks near the waters edge.

Betty- L-Layla? (tears)

She turned around and looked up at the blonde woman before turning back towards the water and letting out another cry.

Layla- I never should've come here. You have another family now and I am not a part of that. (cries)

Betty sighed and sat down next to the girl before looking over at her.

Betty- Layla, she's not my daughter. (softly tears)

Layla- Then why did she call you her mom? (sniffles)