10. KANE

Arriving at the border site, my rage grew when my border men were dead on the the ground. Blood was everywhere that I looked away in sorrow.

"This is bad. What ever attacked your men is in the pack now. Waiting to attack our people." My Beta spoke in disappointment.

"It might be another wolf tantrum from a toxin wolf." I groan as I sniffed the air but nothing came to mind.

"I can't even sniff out the culprit." I walk around as Leon jumped on the fence and scanned the ground.

"Paw prints." He says and I look up to him. "You see paw prints on the ground. How many do you see?" I asked and he scoffed out.

"Many." He jumped back down as Iris spoke to my men.

"Must be a dozen of them." And my eyes widen in shock. "I suggest we begin our search one by one." He spoke to me and I agreed to the suggestion.

"Unknown wolves are in pack. Find them and bring the report to me immediately." I informed all the pack men.

"We should get moving. I need to speak with Carlos with what he found out in the toxin so far. He was our head scientist in the pack and I trusted so far he might have discovered something. I instructed that my men should be buried in a proper manner, what a loss I had to endure.

James took charge of the scene and I had to rush over to the labs that was kilometers away from here. Iris gathered up all the information she needed.

"Mate doesn't feel so good. She's mad and you messed it up." Rex bothers me and I ignored him.

My mate is not ready to be in this pack mess. I can't put her life at risk,I don't know the consequences I'd have to live with. Alpha's experience a certain tension once our Luna's get hurt and believe me,it doesn't end so well.

I shift and I run as fast as I could. Taking one step at the time. I jumped over tree barks as I felt the cold breeze in my fur, Iris could barely keep up and I laughed in my mind. "She needs serious training" Leon only slowed down because he wanted to run besides his mate at all times. She felt comfortable and I imagined running with my mate besides me.

I really miss her but I left her in fright and pure anger. I wonder how I was going to face her once I got home.

The labs come into view and I sniffed the air incase of any danger,it was safe and shifted back into my human form,the guards bowled to me and I nod. I was handed a pair of shorts before I got in.

Every lab pack bowled there heads with respect as I walked through the corridors with Leon and Iris.

"Alpha Kane." Mindy who stopped and stared at me.

"It's nice to see you." I smiled. "What brings you here Alpha?" She asked.

"I'm here to see Carlos. Is he here by any chance?" Mindy nodded in agreement.

"Yes, he just got out from the main lab and his surely having some tense time finding out what that toxin is." I sighed and replied.

"I will head over to his office and find out." I quickly moved and prayed maybe he find out something.

"Alpha kane? I wasn't expecting your visit this afternoon." He stood from his office seat and bowled his head.

"No need to look sorry." I smirked. We both took a sit and he looked uncertain with his results as he looked on paper.

"Any leads?" I try to sound formal. He sighs and nods.

"I don't know what I can say about this toxin,since that day that wolf you killed was brought in the labs,I have been working my ass off for days." He felt his hair and agreed.