Always Be Mine: Arven x Gender Neutral!Reader

Warnings: sadness, Scarlet Violet post game spoilers, shorter because fluff

You smiled and laughed as the 4 of you went down into Area Zero. You all went deeper and deeper into the crater that was once off limits. You were about to enter the first abandoned lab when a Pokémon appeared behind you all!

You and Nemona took it down and moved on towards the next lab. Another Pokémon came out and you and Arven took it down, reminding you of the time you took down the Titan version of it.

You and Penny took the 3rd one down and made your way towards the bottom. Arven came up to you as the door opened, the Paradox Pokemon coming out.

A: "(y/n), take the book. It's clear that they wanted you to do this. We'll hold them off."

You took the Scarlet/Violet book and entered the lab.

There you learned the truth, that Arven's parent was dead, and had been dead for a few years. You couldn't even think about how you'd break the news to him. You went down to the main area and engaged in a fight against the AI.

As the AI fell, you heard the voice of Nemona... and 3 pairs of footsteps.

No. He can't see this, you thought. But it was too late, Arven had seen the AI. He was in shock, and you wanted to comfort him, but the machine began to malfunction. Your pokeballs were locked as the AI sent out the murderous beast.

You finally brought out your own, and took it down with the power of friendship and trust.

Even then it wasn't enough, the machine still wouldn't shut down. The professor decided to take the machine to the past/future, shutting it down for good.

They said a somber goodbye to Arven, who began to break down. You couldn't imagine how it felt, to think your parent abandoned you, find out they died, see a robot version, and then lose the robot version, all after your pet and best friend almost died, and your parent valued a random kid over you... yikes man.

You left the area with a saddened mood. Nemona, that emotional idiot, wanted to get you all on the next adventure. Arven wasn't having it, but with everyone against him, he couldn't argue.

You eventually walked off and went back to your homes.

Timeskip

It was a few days after that and you were visiting your mom. You decided you'd drop by the lighthouse on your way to school, and there he was. He was at the lighthouse, staring off into the distance. You came up and greeted him.

A: "Oh... hello (y/n)?"
You: "Are you doing ok?"
A: "No... I'm not."

You began comforting him. A few days later you got together, to the surprise of your friends. It was the night after you both confessed, and you were snuggling.

A: "Never leave me (y/n)."
You: "you'll always be mine Arven."

Word count: 500. A bit short and rushed but hopefully good nonetheless