Spooking: Alister x Raihan's Sister!Reader

Requested By: @ShinyPokeCat

Your POV:
You sighed, exiting the home. You were not going to stick around for another one of Raihan's "sessions". He was obsessed with Leon, beating him, yes, but obsessed nonetheless. You secretly shipped the 2 of them.

He paid no attention to you as you left. You were a grown woman and also another strong dragon trainer, you'd be fine on your own.

Your strategy revolved around rain. Kingdra was your ace. You knew you would eventually take Raihan's place as the 8th gym leader if he ever stepped down. You not only were his sister but also had completed the gym trials every year.

You began roaming around the Galar countryside, not a care in your mind. You didn't actually care for the gym trial, but doing it meant you could access any part of the region and train any Pokémon you wanted.

You swung your legs off a cliff, staring out across the ocean, thinking back on your days as a trainer, when you were doing the gym challenge.

Past POV:
You woke up, ready to start your journey as a trainer. You didn't necessarily have any goals, but your brother sure did when he did his journey. He was rivals with the professor's granddaughter and the newest champion of the region, Leon. You heard that Raihan would be given a spot as 8th gym leader once he was old enough. Raihan was 18 by this point, and you had just turned 10.

You set off on your journey. You knew you were going to do the gym challenge, but it was for another reason. You were doing the gym challenge to get access to the whole region and all the Pokémon present in it. You had no interest in defeating Leon or even going to the ending tournament. You'd fight Raihan on uneven terms and that would be that. You'd just go around the region, doing other things.

You already had all your plans in mind. Your first Pokémon was a Horsea, which was already a Kingdra by this point. You were given Horsea when Raihan was old enough to set out. Your parents didn't want you being super sad you couldn't train anything.

You wouldn't really use your Kingdra for now, instead focusing on other Pokémon, but Kingdra would be instrumental in defeating Raihan during the gym battle. You were going to make a rain team. Not only did it counter Raihan, but it synergized well with your first partner.

By the time you challenged Milo, you had already gotten most of a team together. You, of course, had your unused Partner Kingdra, but you've now supplemented it with Goomy, Wingull, Trapinch, Magikarp, and Chewtle. You focused on Wingull for now, since it would be the best Pokémon to fight Milo with.

It was a struggle, mostly due to it being an effective 2v1, but you pulled out the victory over Milo. You'd go up against Nessa, a fellow water specialist, next. You were, of course, a dragon specialist, like Raihan, but in reality you were a rain specialist, and that meant you were more of a Water specialist than a Dragon specialist.

Your next challenge was, of course, Nessa, the water type model. By this point, you had a Drednaw and Gyarados. You also picked up an Applin and evolved it into Appletun.

With your new Grass Dragon Apple, the water gym battle was a breeze. You knew the next fight would also be easy, since Kabu had no answers to Drednaw and Gyarados, your 2 most powerful Pokémon.

As predicted, Kabu didn't stand a chance. Even when he brought out the sun, Drednaw's Rock type moves continued to give you the advantage, even more so for the final fight. The next stop was Stow-on-Side, with the Ghost trainer Allister. You knew it would be easy, since most of your Pokemon could learn Crunch, but you weren't prepared for what else came from that battle.

Your team didn't really get any upgrades by the time you met Allister. You were expecting someone creepy, and you got that, but you weren't expecting such a small boy either.