ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 1 - 𝕊𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕠𝕝 ℂ𝕒𝕞𝕡 𝔾𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕎𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘

My small group of friends and I were sitting around the campfire, chatting away before going to sleep.

It was the last night of school camp and what better way was there to spend it than staying up all night having fun?

We were currently telling each other 'spooky' stories for fun.

"Y'know that they say this campground is haunted?"

Allison grinned, tossing her blonde hair over her shoulder.

I leaned in, interested in what she was going to say.

"Every time the school goes to camp here, at least four kids disappear."

"It can't actually be haunted though."

Deadpanned Haley.

"They probably just ventured too far into the forest and got lost or something."

"Anyways, at 3:00 am, it's said that a select few will be chosen to go to the Backrooms - a place worse than death itself."

Allison waved her hands dramatically in the air and Sophia glanced over towards me and rolled her eyes.

I grinned back at her, and chuckled.

"Y'know that the Backrooms isn't actually real."

I remarked, Allison and I both grinning at each other.

Of course the internet legend of the Backrooms wasn't real, although I did find it really interesting. I knew a fair bit about it. Or so I thought anyways.

I continued to munch on a bag of popcorn, staring into the distance when Allison nudged me.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

She flashed a smile, grabbing some popcorn out of my bag and tossing it into her mouth.

I shook my head and gazed into the woods.
It was pretty late and basically pitch dark.

I didn't know whether it was just me, but the forest looked much more darker and ominous than it did during the day.

We were about to call it a night and put the campfire out, only to see a bright light flash deep in the woods.

I froze on the spot, glancing towards my friends to see whether they had noticed it too.

"You guys saw that, right?"

They all nodded, eyes wide and on alert.

"Someone might need help."

Haley mused.

"There's no way we're going in there. We could be killed for all we know."

"Wait guys we should really tell a teache-"

Before I knew it, Allison had grabbed me by my wrist and started to run towards the source of the light. I yelped but she shushed me in case someone heard.