ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 5 - 𝕎𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕡

You awakened, finding yourself in a dim room surrounded by huge, whirring machinery. Rusting, metal bars with chips of white paint flaking off separated each room.

Sure enough, Aiden was there too, seemingly gathering a bunch of supplies.

You were kind of getting used to this weird mode of transport - 'no-clipping' you think it was called - being teleported to a bunch of random levels.

The walls were made out of crumbling, brown bricks, and the floor was a dark grey.

Or you thought it was anyways because it was covered with a layer of dust at least one centimetre thick.

"How was your sleep?"

You stood up, brushing yourself off.

"Pretty good considering everything."

"We managed to escape that smiler."

"Uh, you mean you escaped it."

You had a flashback of Aiden saving you from that terrying glowing face.

"Umm, anyways, how long was I out for?"

"Maybe about... one hour?"

"One hour?!"

You frowned. If you wanted to get out of this place you needed to start speed running this whole thing.

"Over time you should be able to start waking up earlier."

"Okay... before we go on any further I have like a million questions."

"Ask away."

You sighed, spewing out all of the questions you had since you entered this place.

"Where is the Backrooms? How do I get out of here? How does time work here? Why are you helping me?"

"The Backrooms is... in another dimension to yours, you could say. There are a few methods of escaping although they could take a while and are difficult to do so. Time is strange. Months could feel like minutes while mere seconds could feel like years."

You paused for a bit, trying to process everything he said. You didn't know whether to feel upset, confused, relieved.

Then you realised he never answered your last question. You dismissed it, assuming he purposefully just forgot about it.

He offered you a can of almond water and you drank it all. He also gave you a spare flashlight which you turned on.

"We should get going now. It's not safe to stay in one spot for too long."

Leaving your with your thoughts, Aiden switched on his flashlight and started to walk through the series of rooms. You followed closely.

He seemed to be searching and flipping on all of the switches you encountered.

Aiden was a pretty nice guy. You really appreciated his company, and enjoyed the silence between you two. It was rarely awkward.