ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 4 - ℂ𝕒𝕟'𝕥 𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕞𝕖

"Ah, you're awake."

You opened your eyes, seeing Aiden by your side.

Oh, that's right.

You had escaped that concrete warehouse with your new friend. Your only friend at that. It was strange being friends with an entity in the Backrooms.

The only thing you remembered being relatively passive here were Facelings. But again, you really didn't know much about this place.

Anyways, you sat up straight, immediately noticing the intense heat almost cooking you alive.

"It's soooo hot in here."

You complained.

"I know. All we can try to do is bear it for now, and we'll get out of here as soon as possible."

He held out his hand towards you, but you shook your head, not wanting to get too reliant on him yet.

I mean, anything could happen like it did before with your... friends.

Plus you wanted to show that you weren't a hopeless human being and could do things by yourself. This guy had already helped you too much.

You stood up and brushed yourself off, observing the place. The level was just a long, unending hallway of corroding pipes.

Other then the occasional sound of dripping water that came out from them, it was pretty quiet.

And it was pretty dark too...

Damn, you really hated the dark. Ever since you were little you had to sleep with a light or you wouldn't be able to sleep at all.

It was a pretty irrational fear that a lot of people would make fun of you for it. You had learned to keep your mouth shut about that, but it still bothered you a lot.

"We're on Level Two, also known as-"

"Pipe Dreams... or Abandoned Utility Halls."

You finished his sentence. You kind of felt bad and regretted butting in, but he just nodded in approval.

"So you're an expert on the Backrooms yourself?"

You grinned at his remark.

"Aha, definitely not. That's literally one of the only things I know about this place."

"Ahh, okay."

An awkward silence filled the air, but you didn't know what to do about it. You weren't one to talk much.

That's also why you found it hard to be around people most of the time. Too much to worry and think about, whether you had made a good impression on someone, having to regularly commit to a friendship to not lose it...

There was a dimly lit wall in front of you with the word 'STATION' pointing towards the left, and the word 'FUN!' pointing towards the right.

"We would want to go towards the station."

Aiden said frankly.