CHAPTER NINETY ONE

Cassy's POV

My eyes fluttered open and for a moment, the only thing I could make out was the blurry surroundings.

"Cassy?"

I whipped my head to the sound of the voice until I made out who it was.

"You're awake" Nelson heaved a sigh of relief and trotted towards me. "Oh, thank goodness" he felt my temperature. "For a moment, I was scared"

"Scared?" My brows knitted into an arch as I stared at him. Suddenly, the light rays shone into my eyes. "What time is it Nelson?" I questioned and sat up.

My body felt weak and immediately, Nelson stuck a pillow behind me. "What's the time Nelson?"

"It's morning, 9am I think" he answered and I gasped. 9am? I slept throughout the night?

"What do you want to eat? I'd get it for you" Nelson mumbled as he stared at me. We locked eyes and I saw the black circles around his eyes.

"Didn't you sleep?" I questioned and he nodded.

"I was so scared. The doctor said you lacked a lot of stamina. I was scared Cassy" he grabbed my hand while I batted my lashes.

"Doctor? The doctor was here?" I queried and he nodded. My mouth fell open into an O as I processed it.

It was morning and the doctor attended to me. Was I really tired?

At that moment, Remiel crossed my mind. I sat up straight, "where's my phone Nelson?" I asked hurriedly.

Remiel must have called me repeatedly.

"Here" Nelson pushed the phone to me and I dashed to my call log. I sat unblinking as I saw my call log.

Not a missed call. Remiel didn't call. I sniffled as I processed it. He didn't even give me a call yesterday.

Was he that mad? He'd be in school now. He didn't care to call even after he didn't see me? I sniffled as tears pooled in my eyes.

"Cassy?" Nelson grabbed my hand and I blinked back my tears. His brows furrowed as he stared at me. "Are you okay? Were you expecting something?"

"No" I shook my head and laid back on the bed. "Please leave me for a while, I want to rest Remiel."

Remiel. The moment the name was out of my mouth, I regretted it. Nelson narrowed his eyes as he stared at me.

"Remiel? That guy?" He clicked his tongue and nodded. "That explains it, the reason for your weariness."

"No Nelson" I sighed and turned to the other side. How did Remiel slip out of my mouth? Now, I have tons of questions to answer.

"What's going on? You both had a fight?"

"Is mum and dad really divorced?" I shot at him and he scoffed. "Don't ignore my question, Cassy."

"And don't ignore mine!" I yelled even with my hoarse voice. "Did they really get divorced?" Tears stung my eyes at the question.

He answered yesterday but I really needed a positive answer. They shouldn't split.

"Yes" he shrugged and a sob escaped my lips.

The family was really apart.

"So, will you answer my question now?"

"No" I sniffed as tears cascaded down my cheeks. "Leave my room Nelson" I ordered with my brittle voice.

A scoff was all I heard and after, the door slammed shut.

Tears rolled out of my eyes uncontrollably as I got down from the bed. My body felt weak and flickers  of pain shot through my body as I walked to my bag.