CHAPTER NINETY EIGHT

Neriah's POV

Wrong person, Wrong timing. I looked at my screen and sent it straight to voicemail and he sent one.
"I'm just calling to know how you are doing." I listened to it and groaned. I was having the worst mood swings and I didn't want to talk to anyone, worst of all, Him!
I dropped my phone and went straight to shower. After I was done dressing up, I sat on my bed my mind going out into space.
My phone rang again and I hissed and rolled my eyes exhaling loudly because I thought Clinton was calling again, only to see it was Norah calling. I smiled and picked up, Thankful she did, knowing fully well how crazy I overthink!
"Hii, you home already?" she asked excited.
"Yes I am, thank you so much for today, I really needed it."
"Thank you for coming, my mom likes you." she giggled. I smiled over the phone. We had a little conversation before Dave knocked on my door and I had to take the excuse to hang up. When I did, I let him in and tucked myself inside my blanket as he sat close to me on the bed patting my hair.
"How was your day?"
"Splendid." I told him. He sighed and waited a while before asking.
"Did I do something wrong?"
"No." was my response. I was really upset. I miss Emerald so much! I wasn't allowed to be with whom I wanted for some reason and now He is happy in his relationship!?? I couldn't even talk to Emerald and it all looked like Emerald had moved on with his life and I'm some old story!
"Nelly?"
"If you don't mind, I had a long day and I will really like to sleep." I told him as I turned over to the other side of the bed and sighed softly. He sat a while before I felt weight release from the bed and the door slam shut gently. I took a long breathe as tears pooled in my eyes again. Moments later, I found myself going through our old chats, I guess I am not getting past this stage am I? Something hit me, What if he doesn't feel the same way anymore? What if I pushed him away to far, he found someone better?

My alarm rang so loud in my ear and I just couldn't bring myself to getting up, it hadn't been up to thirty minutes I slept!!!! I lazily rolled off my bed and dragged my feet to the bathroom. Thankfully, I had my hair plaited in neat cornrows so I didn't need to do much on it. I applied little make up to cover the visual dark eyes.
"Good morning David." I said as I walked past the dining.
"Good morning." I nodded as I picked up my keys an headed out. "Hey Nelly, breakfast?"
"I will skip." I said, still walking.
"Can I pack up something for you?" he inquired.
"I am good." I said as I left the house. I got to school and had this unwarranted headache. Norah was already seated when I walked in.
"You good?"
"Yeah." I said as I hugged her. We revised before the first lecture and luckily,we had an impromptu test and we it was all we read. Soon it was time for lunch and Norah treated me to the best lunch, coupled with the fact that I hadn't eaten!
"You know the football competition is coming up right?" Norah asked me and I nodded negatively. I still had food stuffed in my mouth. "Wait, you really don't know?" I swallowed and replied.
"Of course I know about the competition but I didn't know it was this close! Are you joking??"
"I'm talking close, I'm talking next week, your CLINT didn't tell you?" she emphasized on the "Your Clint" and I rolled my eyes.
"Let us just be serious for once Norah."
"Still on that, Emerald has been posting it on his insta and social media accounts, you didn't see that too?" she asked and I kept mute. I had the thought that, that football match day would be my best opportunity to talk with Emerald and maybe have a better conversation with him whatever happens after that, we would decide.
The rest of the day went calm and I didn't see Clint and he was the least of my problems! I saw Emerald again on the field when I went to see my coach because I hadn't been consistent with my basketball classes.
"I really have a lot going on with me emotionally and I really can't focus right now, if you could train me personally, I promise to stay till evening."I requested and he agreed to do that for me. I use basketball as a therapy and I hope it works perfectly. When the day was done, Norah and I bid ourselves goodbye and I walked to the dressing room. I changed to my full fit and I had a personal ball in my locker. The place was really quiet and my coach was no where to be seen so I got busy myself. I made different tosses and failed a couple of them, I was really loosing my touch! I practiced with myself as I dribbled and scored some points. I tossed the ball to the net and my coach caught it.
"Nice one Neraih."  he said and clapped and I smiled.
"Thank you."
"Shall we?" he said as we want Into practice proper. I learnt new skills and it was fun!! It was past 6 and my watch beeped.
"I should be on my way." I said as I caught the ball.
"Same time tomorrow?" he asked and my eyes lit.
"Really sir?" okay this is it, this man can be so strict and rarely smiled or had time to spare for training of any sought and now he was offering to tutor me again? and alone.
"Who am I kidding of course I will love to, thank you so much!" I grinned as I walked to get changed. I looked outside the courts and I saw shadows pass by.
Walking out, I could hear some persons, guys to be precise, murmur and I walked on. I went to my car and as I was about leaving, I saw Emerald again with some group of other guys and they looked like they just finished training too. He looked at me for a bit and focused his attention to what they were talking about. At that point, it hit me that he would have been with me while I trained and we would have done it together!
sigh...
I got home and again, my brother was sitting on the porch.
"Neriah!" he called out, his voice a little heightened. "Why were you not taking your calls??" It was at that point I figured I hadn't held my phone at all that day.