𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐯𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐞

❀ 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 ❀

     Do you ever wish you could go back in time? Do you ever wish you had a second chance at things? Do you ever wish you had thought it more through and made better choices...?

     Sometimes, when I'm alone in the night, it all comes back to me, and I wish I could've known better then. Let me tell you my story...

- A couple months ago.

     "You're back!" I said excitedly as I ran to my boyfriend who had just arrived at the base after a long-term mission. I ran up to him, jumping into his arms as I wrapped mine around his neck. I buried my face into the crook of his neck, taking in his sweet scent that made me melt.

     "I missed you," I whispered to him. I felt his arms tighten around my waist. He kissed my cheek, "I missed you more," he spoke softly and smoothly. His voice always made me feel safe.

     Langris and I had been dating for almost a year. However, we had known each other for longer. We had grown as friends since we both met at the Golden Dawn Magic Knight Squad. We both were assigned many missions together. Slowly, we accepted each other as partners and eventually, we became inseparable. We both developed small emotional feelings towards each other that grew deeper over time, which brought us together.

I was feeling great. I mean, what more could I ask for? I was a memeber of the best magic knight squad, it's not easy to get there yet I made it. I was the girlfriend of the vice captain, a boyfriend who made me feel loved, and created the best memories with. And lastly, I had friends who I knew supported me and were there for me.

Or at least that's what I thought...

A couple weeks passed and everything began to change. Everything I had, everything I loved, slowly started to leave and I began to hate.

First, I had found out I had gotten pregnant. I was scared. I was only 17 at the time. How was I going to raise a kid as a 17 year old? Worse, how was I suppose to tell Langris he was a father. His parents didn't even know about me, who were we supposed to ask for help? He had an arraigned marriage made by his parents he couldn't escape from, so him and I were dating behind their backs. What would he think about the news?

Well, thinking he was loving and caring with me, you would think he would be happy and would help me find a solution on how to raise this kid no matter the sacrifices we would have to make. Well, I thought wrong again. I was nervous when I told him the news. He was shocked, as well scared. He was also 17. I don't blame him for being scared, I just hate how he used that fear to turned against me...

He became toxic and completely changed. "How am I supposed to raise a kid y/n? I am the vice captain of this squad, you know how much work that is already?" He argued with me day and night about the situation. It lead to nothing but a heartbreak. We both decided that it was best to split, and I would have to find a way to raise the child on my own.

The break up didn't go well for either of us. He became cold and mean. He rarely spoke to anyone anymore, and when he saw me, he gave me mean glares and refused to work with me on missions. It hurt. He was like my best friend. We did everything together and told each other everything, but I couldn't even look at him anymore. How could he changed so fast? There was no one to blame, but both of us for being irresponsible, yet he wasn't owing his part. He blamed it all on me.

News quickly spread to my squad mates and my captain. Some of my squad mates, that I considered friends, also blamed the situation on you. They said I was stupid and I was just trying to make Langris's life more complicated. Others sided with me and said Langris was being ridiculous for not owning his part. Some said that he didn't deserve being vice captain of a squad if this was how he behaved.

It caused so much commotion in the squad that my captain, William Vangeance, had to call both of us into his office to find a solution to this. Vangeance cared for us both and he thought of us as the strongest duo in this squad. Apparently, he was shocked when he heard we had broken up. He wanted us to think of a solution to erase the commotion we caused among the squad.

After the long, uncomfortable, conversation in the captain's office, we all came to a conclusion. Langris was going into probation. His reaction and the way he handle the situation was not the best and he could've done better. If he were to be irresponsible again he would have to give up his spot as vice captain. For me, I was advised to resign being a magic knight. Captain Vengeance recommended I left the base and took care of myself.

So that was exactly what I did. I left the squad with no place to go. No destination. Everything I had, gone. No more magic knight, no more love of your life, no support. I had no family left, so I couldn't go look for them for help. Both my parents were assisinated 2 years ago, right before I had become a magic knight.

There was no place to go. I would have to work and live in the streets until I had enough money to find a place to stay. For the first time in my life I felt alone. I felt lost. I felt scared. Never had I needed to go through something like this. Growing up my parents always gave me everything I needed. I always had a roof over my head and always had enough food for a meal. How I wished I didn't take anything for granted...

But then, it felt like the sun was coming up behind the clouds after a bad storm. I remembered someone. Someone who could save me. They were my only hope.

"Y/n? What are you doing here," he said concerned. The one who I hoped could help me opened the door to his squad's base. 

"Hey uh, can I talk to you..."

We went out into a small forest and sat down. I explained the whole situation to Finral. He was the only person I knew outside of the Golden Dawn because he was the older brother of Langris. Before Langris and I dated, I had met him and he always flirted with me for fun. We got along well and talked once in a while. He was concerned and apologized for his brothers actions although that wouldn't fix anything.

"Stay right here, I'll be right back." he ran off for a moment. Little did I know he had gone to ask his captain for help. He briefly explained the situation to, Yami Sukehiro, his captain, and Yami didn't hesitate to let me stay at his base for some time.

Finral introduced me to the other members of the squad and the captain. They all seemed excited that there was someone knew at the base. I felt welcomed and for the first time in weeks I had genuinely smiled.

• • •

     And that's how I am here. My baby is now 3 months old and I feel at home here with the Black Bulls. They were all there to confront me and help me, even when I didn't know them. Charmy always made sure I had eaten and always cooked up whatever I was craving. Vanessa and Noelle were the best supporters. They were their for my breakdowns and made sure I felt better. And the boys, they always made sure I felt safe and that the baby was too. Yami let me stay here for as long as I feel comfortable. He let me join his squad and I would be able to work with them once I was ready.

    Now I'm 18. I have learned from my mistakes and I've learned to think through things better. I have created a bond with the Black Bulls that make me feel like they are family. Somehow, things always turn out good in the end.

✩ ✩ ✩

word count: 1460

I feel like this story line would be good for an actual book, what do you think?