𝐲𝐮𝐧𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥

✣ 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫 ✣

✣ 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫 ✣

What a long day it's been. The warm water runs through my hair and down my body, relaxing my nerves. I wash my hair and rinse all the products off. This long hair gets tiring to take care of. "But why don't u just cut it?" I can't. No matter how much I wish I could, I can't.

My hair works with my magic; the longer and healthier it is, the stronger my magic is. Weird right? But in my benefit, my hair takes forever to grow, longer than most people. In my whole life it's only grown to a little bit below my hips. I mean I guess that's long but it's not Rapunzel type long.

Anyways, I step out the shower and get dried. I tie my hair up in a towel so that it dries before I have to brush it out. I put on my night clothes and clean my face. I brush my teeth and use the bathroom one last time before bed. I walk into my room and search for my hair brush, but before I can get to it, I hear a knock at my door.

I go to open it wondering who it is. I open it slowly, peeking my head out just a little bit.

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"Oh, heyyy" It was Yuno, the finest man in the kingdom and my lovely partner. I opened my door all the way and let him trail behind me back into my room.

"What are you doing?" He asks as he sits on the edge of my bed and his fairy spirit flies into the little bed I've made for her on my window sill. 

"About to do my hair." I let my hair loose taking the towel off. It's still not completely dry but it's damp enough to not drip water everywhere.

"Come, sit here." He pats to the spot next to him as he scoots over.

"No, Ima get my bed wet." I also prefer to do my hair while standing. It gives more room to yank at it.

But he insists, "Just come here. Let me help you."

I don't hesitate and obey; I go sit next to him. "Turn and face that way," He says as he moves my body. Now I'm sitting sideways with my back towards him.

   "I'll do your hair for you tonight." I feel a breeze behind my neck. He's using his wind magic to dry my hair. The wind becomes warmer and light. He runs his fingers through my hair splitting it into sections, carefully treating every part of it.

I sit back and relax. I have never let anyone touch my hair. No one except for my mother back when I was younger. It's to delicate and my mother was the only who understood the value of it. But for some reason, I trust him with his soft hands. I take a deep breathe feeling into the delicate touch. I close my eyes and let him do whatever he wants.

The wind stops. He repositions himself to get a better look at my hair. "Can I braid it?"

I open my eyes, surprised, "You know how to braid?"

He quietly says, "I can try..."

I want to him to continue touching my hair so I let him, "Sure...but why?

"Why not, you've had a long today haven't you? Just relax."

"Okay..."

He's gentle with it. Slowly detangling my hair when brushing it and gently taking the strands and making them alternate along the way.

After some silence he speaks up, "On second thought, I don't think I know how to braid..."

I hold back my laugh, "...It's not that hard to figure out."

He can tell I'm trying not to laugh at him, "Okay so can you give me instructions?"

"Boy...," This is going to take longer than it should. "Okay, First, take the hair and split it into three sections..."

"Okay."

"Then, take one of the strands on the edge and bring it over the one in the middle."

"Uhh...okay, next."

"The first edge strand become the middle strand, right? So now take the other edge that you haven't moved and bring it over the middle too."

"I think I got it."

"Good, so now just repeat all that."

"Hmm, I get it now."

I smile. This moment feels so precious.

"You're hair is very soft and pretty you know that right? "

"Thank youuu"

"Mhm." And so, he continues braiding it until he can't no more. When he's done, he stares and admires his work, taking in  how beautiful the hair style looks on you. You turn around to face him as he's just staring at you with not other thought behind his eyes.

"What?"

"...Nothing."

After that, you both spent the rest of the night talking about whatever came to mind, appreciating the other one's presences. And ever since that day, Yuno also came over at night to help you with your hair. It became something very special to both you, a routine that you wished never came to an end.

✩ ✩ ✩

𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤!!! 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡. 𝐥𝐦𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤!