Chap 2- Abhinav saves Akshara

Akshara took a cab and arrived at the bus stop. It was beginning to get dark.

"The bus to Gurgaon leaves in an hour madam ji," the cab driver told her. She thanked him and paid him his fare.

Akshu got down from the cab and proceeded towards the enquiry section.

"I need a ticket to Gurgaon," she said at the counter.

"In the sleeper ac class?" the man at the counter asked her. She nodded. He handed her his ticket and collected the money from her.

Akshu then walked towards the bus whose number was mentioned on the ticket. She was only carrying a small handbag with her. She hadnt pick up anything when she had left. She had taken only her cell phone and documents like verifications ids, college certificates and some money. She bought a water bottle and got into the bus.

Meanwhile, Abhinav was driving towards Gurgaon as well. At a little distance from the bus stop, his car broke down.

"Bbagwan ji," he said," ye musibat bhi aaj hi aani thi. Kal subah tak har haal mein Gurgaon pohunchkar Muskaan ke college ka form bharna hai. Phir Kasauli ke liye nikalna hai wahan se. Ab.....ab kya karoon main?"

Akshara was fortunate enough to get a window seat on one of the front rows. She leaned her head against the window and closed her eyes.

Abhinav rushed towards the bus and spoke to the conductor," Bhaiji please tell me you have a seat left. I really need to get to Gurgaon by morning."

The conductor nodded and gave him the ticket. Abhinav got into the bus.

"Itni mehengi gaadi, aise hi chor dee toone......" Neelamma was scolding him over the phone.

"Dont worry Neelamma. I called my friend Suresh and gave him the keys. He will take it to get repaired. Right now, only Muskan's admission matters to me."

He sat down next to Akshara and continued talking on the phone. His continous rambling disturbed Akshara's chain of thoughts and she sat up straight.

By listening to Abhinav's conversation, she guessed that he was going to Kasauli too.

"Do you live in Kasauli?" she asked him once he had disconnected the call.

"Hanji," he replied," its my hometown. I was in Udaipur for two years. Nice town........The people are very nice."

"You are going back now?" she asked.

"Yes madamji," he said," My sister is going to college now. Neelamma will be alone at home. Someone has to take care of her."

Akshara nodded.

As the bus started moving, she closed her eyes and soon fell asleep.

"All because of you..................." Abhimanyu yelled at Akshu," my brother died.......all because of you...............Why Akshu....why didnt you wait? Why? Why? Why? You snatched Neil away from us........You........"

"NO!" Akshara woke up with a jerk. Tears were flowing down her eyes. She looked all around her. It was almost midnight and all passengers were fast asleep. Her gaze fell on Abhinav who was sleeping peacefully on the seat beside her.

She wrapped her shawl tightly around herself and drank some water. She prayed for the safety of her baby.

MORNING 9AM

The bus arrived in Gurgaon on time. The passengers started getting off the bus. Akshara waited for the passengers to get down as she didnt want to risk tripping over.

Abhinav was also leaving. Akshara noticed that he had dropped his wallet.

"Bh.........." For some unexplainable reason, the word "bhaisahab" or "bhaiyaji" didnt feel appropriate to her.

"Suniye......." she called out to him," apka purse..........."

"Thank you madamji," he said gratefully.

After everyone had left, she slowly got up to leave. Suddenly, the bus conductor grabbed her hand and blocked her way.

"Yeh kya badtmeezi hai!" she yelled at him," let me go!"

"You dont need to go anywhere my love,"he said with lust filled eyes.

"Leave my hand....................."Akshu said with tear filled eyes.

"Please let me go," she begged," I am pregnant............my baby will..... please........................"

"Shut up you b*tch!" the man yelled at her and was about to hit her when someone firmly grabbed his arm.

Abhinav twisted the man's arm making him cry out in pain. Abhinav punched him hard and said," You scoundrel! How dare you touch her! You............."

"Bas keejiye," Akshara said to him.

"Please chaliye yahan se," she said to him wiping her tears," Please.........."

Abhinav helped her get up and carried her bag for her.

"Madamji," he said helping her out of the bus," just tell me where you live. And I will drop you home safely."

"I dont live here," she said softly.

"Okay ji. Then is someone coming to pick you up? I will wait with you until they come."

Akshara nodded her head in a no.