Chap 6- Akshara's iconic dialogue

With her wet hair wrapped in a clean towel, Akshara got out of the washroom and sat down at her desk. That night was her last night at the homestay. She had had her dinner early as she had skipped lunch as she was busy completing some paperwork at the school.

Just as she was wiping her hair, there was a loud knock at the door.

"Who's there?" she asked in a loud voice.

"Madamji......" Abhinav's voice sounded through the closed door," sorry....Akshara ji........"

"Abhinav ji?" she said and opened the door. Abhinav and his sister Muskan were standing there.

"Sorry to disturb you Akshara ji," said Abhinav sounding extremely apologetic," but you see......my sister is leaving for college tomorrow and......And she is so dumb, I mean innocent, naive. And she doesnt have anyone to guide her......So if you could just.........I mean......give her a little advice........we both would be very grateful."

Akshara smiled and nodded.

"Bhaiji and I are having tea with Sonal bhabhi and Varun bhaiji on the terrace," said Muskan," the kids have already gone to bed. Will you please join us there?"

"Aati hoon," said Akshara and went inside to fetch her warm shawl.

Sonal was delighted to have Abhinav and Muskan spend the night at their house. Her husband Varun and Abhinav were childhood friends. Abhinav had played cupid in their love story and now they had a beautiful family with their four year old twin daughters. While Varun owned a local bookshop, Sonal kept herself busy by managing their homestay and the kids.

"Have a seat Akshara," she said pouring some hot tea for Akshu," I know its really cold here. When I first moved in here from Punjab, I just couldnt get out of my room at all. But you slowly get used to it."

Akshu smiled and drank her tea as she chatted with Muskan about being brave and smart in life.

"Ladhna aana chahiye," she said to Muskan," jo ladhna nahi seekhte, unhe haarna seekhna padhta hai. Loug galat karke bhi akkad dikhate hain, galti karke muh pherkar chale jaate hain. Ladhna aana chahiye Muskan. Apni galti pe sorry bolna aana chahiye. Aur doosron ki galti par sorry bulwana aana chahiye!"

Muskan nodded her head in agreement.

"Raat mein kasauli ki khoobsoorti ki baat hi kuch aur hai," said Abhinav.
Varun and him had just returned from a long walk. They removed their coats and sat down next to the ladies.

"You are going to miss all this Muskan,"said Sonal.

"Stop making her emotional," Varun said," I am so proud of you Muskan. She is a very bright student."

"Akshara," said Sonal," so you are leaving tomorrow then?"

"Yes," said Akshu," and my short stay here has been very comfortable. Just like home."

"Where are you from exactly?" Varun asked her.

"Udaipur," she replied.

Varun and Sonal exchanged looks. For the last two years, they had been trying really hard to get Abhinav married and settled. They had put up his profile on various matrimonial sites, but things werent working out. In Akshara, they saw a glimmer of hope. They didnt seem to mind that she was divorced and pregnant. They very well knew that Abhinav considered Neelamma and Muskan as his own family despite having no blood relations with them. So he would embrace Akshara's child too. He had a heart of gold afterall.

"So," said Sonal trying to steer the conversation in a new direction," you have some relatives here or.........."

"No," Akshu said," I had a job interview today and it was pretty successful. I am now the new music teacher at The Sacred Soul Residential School." Akshara was too happy to say that.

"Thats wonderful!" said Sonal but her face fell. Abhinav had just got the job of driving the school bus of the same school.

"She seems highly educated and talented," thought Sonal," too qualified to even look at Abhinav...........How sad!"

"Phir toh mulaqat hoti rahegi Akshara ji," Abhinav said to her," I am appointed as the driver for their school bus."

"Aapne meri bohot help ki hai Abhinav ji," said Akshu honestly," aap sach mein bohot ache insaan hain." Abhinav blushed slightly at the compliment.

"Maybe there is some hope afterall,"thought Sonal.