Short Story I P.I

wc: 909

wc: 909

Please sign on this line: _____________________

Short Story I P.I: Cooking Prefect!

"Oi, Prefect! What are you makin' over there?" Ace asked as he made his way into the kitchen where [N] was seen whipping up something.

[N] turned around to face the redhead. "It's a secret!"

"Ahh, I was hoping you could make something for me. The lunch was really good but I couldn't get those limited edition items they were selling." Ace said with a frown.

[N] chuckled. "Well, I am making enough to serve a village, so I can just make you a plate when I'm done."

"Sweet! I'm so excited!" Ace said with a smile adorning his face.

Deuce then rushed into the kitchen. "[N]! I was walking with Ace back to the dorms, but he wandered off and now I can—"

Deuce stopped speaking when he realized that Ace was staring right at him. "Relax, dude! I smelled something really good coming from Ramshackle, so I left to go see what is was."

"Don't run off like that! I thought you got lost on campus again." Deuce said as he crossed his arms.

Ace blushed in embarrassment. "Hey! That was one time!"

"Anyways, [N], what are you making anyway?" Deuce asked as he looked around the kitchen.

Ace chuckled. "That's thing, they said it was a secret. We gotta wait till they're done."

"Ooh, how exciting." Deuce said with a skeptical look.

[N] growled at the comment. "If you aren't gonna contribute something useful in the kitchen, then get out!"

——— COOKING PREFECT!

"Bon Appetite!" [N] placed two plates in front of Deuce and Ace.

The two boys inspected the food. "This is just an egg sandwich."

Deuce agreed. "With how secretive you were being about it, I would've thought it was some specialty dish."

"..." [N] stood still for a moment. "If you don't want it I can gladly give it to Cater and Trey."

"No! We'll eat it!" Deuce and Ace spoke in unison.

The boys slowly took a bite out of their sandwiches and...

"Amazing! It's like the egg melts on my tongue!" Ace said as he took more bites.

Deuce savored the food. "It's like you made an omelette, use some ingredients for egg over rice and an egg tart and fused it together!"

"That's exactly what I did." [N] said with a neutral expression.

"EHHHHHH?!" The boys looked at the Prefect in surprise.

[N] chuckled, then brought out a cart filled with more dishes. "It's been over 3 months since I got stuck in Twisted Wonderland, and I wanted to see if I could replicate the dishes my father made for me."

"I was wondering if you could taste test them if you could? I don't want my hard work to go to waste after all." [N] smiled at the two boys.

Ace nodded eagerly. "Yeah I'll try all your food! Even if I get full!"

"But we have to get back to the dorms..." Deuce said with uncertainty.

[N] chimed in. "I'll tell Riddle what happened. He listens to me, so you two won't be reprimanded."

"Well, when you say that..." Deuce had his eyes closed.

Ace cut Deuce's thought off. "We'll stay! And if we can't finish all of the food, we can eat it for lunch tomorrow!"

"Perfect! I hope you two have big appetites!"

————— THE NEXT DAY

"Ahhh, I still feel so full from yesterday..." Ace said as he walked into the cafeteria with Deuce.

Deuce stomach grumbled. "My stomach is feeling the after effects."

"But at least we got scrambled eggs to combat it. It'll go down easily and will make the pain a little less intense." Ace said as he pulled out two containers filled with scrambled eggs.

Then, both Cater and Trey had come up to their table. "Hi hi! What's the scoop today?"

"Oh! Hi Cater and Trey." Deuce said with slightly widened eyes.

Trey smiled. "We were coming to scold you two about not being back to the dorms on time, but Riddle told us to drop the topic."

"Now, we're just here to ask why you two were MIA for so long yesterday!" Cater said as he held up a peace sign.

Ace thinks back to all of the food he ate yesterday, and his stomach growled. "Hehe..."

"We were at Ramshackle Dorm. [N] wanted us to taste the food they made." Deuce said as he shifted away from Ace.

Trey hummed. "And is that some of the food you brought back? I saw it in the fridge this morning."

"It is! Try it!" Deuce said as he held out a spoon for the older male.

'He's incredibly eager...' Trey thought with a smile as he took the spoon and cut out a portion of the scrambled eggs.

He took a bite and...

'The flavors are melting on my tongue! It's a perfect balance of sweet and savory, but they don't overpower one another! It's like they're working together in harmony!'

"Trey! Twisted Wonderland to Trey!" Cater tried to pull Trey out of his trance, waving his hand in front of his eyes to get a reaction.

Trey finally took the spoon out of his mouth and placed turn on the table calmly.

He turned to Deuce. "When's the last time you saw [N]?"

"Eh? They said they wouldn't be able to come to lunch, but they're gonna make more food today so they invited us over again." Deuce said.

Trey smiled. "I'll come with you, then."

"EHHHHH?!" Deuce and Ace spoke in unison.

To Be Continued...