"You're not a bad person."

SORRY IF THIS IS ASS I AM NEW TO WATTPAD AND THIS IS MY FIRST STORY SO I HOPE IT'S GOOD

Y/N and David were the only ones by the campfire meanwhile everyone had gone to their reasonable resting places. Gwen went in the counselors cabin, the kids went in their tents, while Y/N stayed up and just hung out. A while after David tagged along because he noticed them out there. He obviously asked of course being the co-counselor who always concerns for everyone and makes sure he doesn't screw anything up or just something in general.

“Oh, I just thought I'd maybe stay out here for a bit longer if.. that's fine with you.” Y/N replied in a calm like tone, the heat from the crackling campfire getting to them. People have said warmth calms the muscles and nerves within any person, so that would explain why it would be oddly quiet and so easy to put the kids to sleep. Sometimes, when people sit by a campfire for too long their eyes get drowsy and tired. But enough of that useless dialogue,(breaking the fourth wall but I don't care🤑) David decided he'd sit next to Y/N and just chat to avoid any awkwardness between them.

“That's completely fine! I come out here sometimes myself.” David admitted, his hands on his lap as he looked behind him at the beautiful shining stars that reflected against the lake, even not to mention the hugely bright half moon. Even if it wasn't completely whole, it wasn't hard to miss unless if it was covered by a dark gray cloud.

“I can understand that the beauty of nature is hard to resist! I mean, look at the reflection over there!” David shifted his body against the log to the water, having the same smile from ear to ear Y/N would always smile back to. It was amazing how cheerful he could be.. such a positive guy, how does he do it? Y/N wondered, it.. made them wonder. They've had troubles themself and it was hard to cope with even their own situations.

“..Yeah it's uh, nice.” Y/N hushed their tone a bit, crossing their arms practically feeling their warm elbows against their palms. David took notice of the unfamiliar tone in Y/N, figuring that this wasn't normal. He knew everyone like the back of his hand, Gwen being the secret carer in heart who's interested in ‘reading’ and probably.. job opportunities? She wouldn't leave David like that, no of course not. But if David had to let her go he would, it's something she'd want to fulfill her dreams with anyway. Max was always the stubborn chaotic type. Heck, he even tied Gwen and David to the Camp Campbell flag pole before! Even after all of that, David would still forgive him. Besides Max was just a kid and after finding out his parents only sent him to camp so they don't have anything to do with him breaks his heart into tiny little wooden pieces.

“Is.. something wrong Y/N? Don't mind me for asking! I'm just curious about.. you know, I–”

...

“Do you hate me? I mean, like..– I'm just a wreck David, I'm not a good person.” Y/N brought their feet to the log even further, the back of their shoes touching it. Their nails were almost digging into their skin as not only sweat crawled up onto their back but tears starting to swell into their eyes. David could only show concern as he just looked at Y/N, the same familiar smile he had was gone.

“Don't think that way, of course I don't hate you! I mean, without you and Gwen I wouldn't have made it this far. I really feel appreciated with the help I've got, and– being.. a bad person? Y/N,” David paused, having Y/N look at him in curiosity. They were worried, had David thought wrongly about the second thing they said? What if David hated them now? Several thoughts of what ifs and all that swarmed in their stressed head until David put a friendly hand on their shoulder.

“you are not a bad person as far as I know, Y/N. You're one of the kindest people I've known! You're a real help, and sometimes you've caught onto me whenever I wasn't.. in my- I would say, ‘best moments’, but like I said, you really helped! It means a lot being able to feel happiness or atleast feel like someone's there for me when I really need it. I usually always have to try and cool down the chaotic stuff the kids cause– not to blame them but they can be a bit much sometimes.” David tries to reassure and comfort, lowering his hand to place Y/N's hand in his, rubbing their thumb.

“And besides, Gwen when she first got the job here wasn't too fond of how ‘willing to help’ type of person I was but got a hang of it later on, making us very close friends now! She got along with you pretty fast! Probably from me and Gwen's first familiar meet. She doesn't get along with people that much, so that's why you're special. To me and Gwen.” Y/N felt themself start slowly bawling, covering their eyes with their hands in embarrassment but sorrow. How can an angel like David be so kind?

“There, there..” David pulled Y/N into a warm embrace, letting them cry into his shoulder. Y/N has never got to show their genuine true emotions like this, even when wanting to cry in someone's shoulder without feeling like a burden. But it was right here, they didn't have to worry. David was here for them.

“So trust me, you're nothing negative in my view at all.” David put his finger under Y/N's chin and wiped their tears away with his thumb, giving the same old smile everyone would recognize.

“We can't leave tonight with a sad face, can we?” David joked, noticing Y/N smile as well. He'd admit, it was pretty! He didn't have a crush or- feelings and such but he's never seen anything like it. David snapped out of his thoughts and put the fire out, hand in hand with Y/N as they walked back to the counselor cabin to sleep. When getting into bed, David taking his bandana off, he made sure to make Y/N feel comfortable when going to bed. Which succeeded. The morning was usual, David with his “Goood morning campers!” and optimistic activity within him. But Y/N would thank him for last night, and most of the day they'd just spend time bonding. Yeah, maybe David was right.. Sure they might still feel awful but when David is around? They don't feel awful, they feel like they're flying.

DAYUM!!! 1156 WORDS IN FIRST FANFIC???? 🐎🐎🐎ok but yeah I'll prob make more tbh, I HOPE U LIKED IT IF NOT I WILL BE VERY SAD AND TRANSFORM INTO DAVID THEN FIND UR HOUSE /JOKE