Chapter 11: A Knight's Failure

In Ozpin's office, the headmaster himself is seen walking towards his table that displays the Vytal Tournament's roulette system as it decides who's going to fight who in the next match.

Oobleck: Alright, it's now time to begin the randomization process for our next fight!

Port:: It looks like our first contender is... , from Penny Polendina! And her opponent will be... Pyrrha Nikos, from Beacon!

Ozpin seats himself behind his desk and takes a sip from his cup as he stares at the "randomized" fight to be. 

_______________________________

In the middle of the arena of Amity Colosseum, Pyrrha is still looking hesitant and distracted while Penny politely salutes her opponent.

Penny: Sal-u-tations, Pyrrha Nikos! It's an honor to finally meet you!

The troubled Pyrrha doesn't respond, looking at her hands as she clenches them in attempted determination.

Penny: This is going to be so much fun!

Penny said, not noticing the reluctance on Pyrrha's face.

___________________________

Inside the entrance hall of Amity, Lanz, Angelo, and Azrael are seen running through a crowd of people as they head towards the colosseum. The Dark Knight then turns his attention to Lanz as he says...

Azrael: Hold on a sec. What do you mean Pyrrha and Penny are in trouble? 

Angelo: And what plan are you talking about?

Lanz: Pyrrha and Penny are in danger because one of them is trying to hurt each other. Or worse. And the plan I'm talking about is Mercury and Emerald's plan. They're planning to cause a major panic here in Amity Arena to let the Grimm swarm the city.

Azrael: How did you know that?

Lanz: Gerald received a report about Beowolves running around the city. And if the Grimm are here, then that means they were attracted by everyone's negativity after what happened with Yang and Mercury. And if my theory is correct; when it happens again with Pyrrha and Penny, then we're not just dealing with three bad guys anymore.

There was silence at first, the two Knights confused, but then the realization hit them.

Azrael: Holy shit...

Angelo: Well what are we supposed to do?

Lanz: We just need to figure out how to stop their fight from starting.

Azrael: Wait a minute... where's Paige?

And on cue, the three Knights looked ahead and saw Paige appearing from the corner of the halls. She stops at her tracks after noticing the three running towards her. Paige lets out a shocked scream as the other three scream as well as they all accidentally bump into her and crash to the ground, groaning in pain as Azrael's legs twitch a few times.

Paige: Ow...

Lanz, Angelo, and Azrael get up from the ground and look at Paige who gets up as well holding her head.

Azrael: A little warning next time, Paige!

Paige: I should be telling you guys that! Ugh my head hurts after one of you bumped into my head. B-But that doesn't matter! There's something I need to tell you.

Lanz: Wait... where's Ruby.

Paige: U-Uhhm. I-I might have left her by herself...

Lanz: WHAT?!

Paige: F-For a good reason!

Lanz: WHAT REASON COULD THAT BE?!

Neptune: Guys!