Chapter 15: A Knight's Final Stand (Finale)

From where we are left off, the Vigilant Crow stares at his former master/leader, Malak who is standing before him inside his dorm room after a Nevermore crashes into the room. On the ground, Lanz's scroll is seen just laying on the floor with the call left on.

Paige: Lanz? Lanz?! Are you there?! Lanz! If you can hear me-- get out of there no--

The call ends with Malak stomping his foot on top of the device crashing it into pieces. Lanz shudders at the sight of his device breaking into pieces before looking back at Malak who then speaks saying...

Malak: You haven't answered my question, boy. Have you gotten strong lately?

Malak questions the still in shock Lanz who then gets up grunting, still in pain after Kyra's fight. The White Knight stops at his tracks after now noticing the blood and bruises around Lanz's body.

Malak: Hm... judging by damage dealt on your body, I have a feeling this is Panthra's work. Am I not?

Lanz didn't answer as he glares at him while holding onto his things.

Malak: Hm. I must say I am quite impressed that she managed to put a number on you this much. But I am mostly disappointed that she didn't finish the job.

Malak said as he slowly paces around back to back while staring down at Lanz who gets up and quickly hides wormy inside his bag while staring at his former master.

Malak: Then again, if she had indeed killed you, I wouldn't be able to get the chance to see how much you've improved... and seeing how you're still standing with that many bruises on your body, I would like to see how resistant you are to my attacks.

Lanz gasps and his eyes widen as Malak stops at his tracks and dashes towards the Vigilant Crow with his free hand lunging towards him.

________________________________

At the evacuation site, Azrael, Paige, and Angelo are seen huddled around while looking at the Butterfly Knight's scroll that just got disconnected.

Paige: Lanz? Hello? HELLO?! LANZ!

Angelo: What happened?!

Paige: I-I don't know!

Angelo: Don't you think that Malak...

Paige: No. No way that happened... right?

Azrael: I-I...

Suddenly, the three hears a little girl screaming. They turned their heads to the noise and sees an Ursai knocking two Atlas soldiers away before it stands in front of a child. Not just any child though. It's Paige's little sister.

Her sister stepped back and falls to the ground and Paige's mother and father hurried over to their second daughter's side and the three looked at the Beark like Grimm who roars at her as it raised its claws in the air.

Paige: ANNY!

The Knight shouted before summoning her wings and flies towards the Ursai with immense speed. As the Ursai was about to claw the three of them altogether, it hears the wind blowing towards him. As it turns its head to the sound, Paige tackles the Grimm to the ground. And upon pinning the Grimm to the dirt, she quickly took out both o her daggers and starts stabbing the Grimm's chest as it let out a loud and anguish moan of pain as it squirms around before Paige finishes it off with a stab to the head, finally killing the creature as it disperses into black mist.

Paige huffs and puffs from exhaustion as she wipes the blood of the Grimm off her face. As she stood there for a few moments, she hears her sister calling out to her from behind.