⋆୨♡୧⋆ch 02 . coffee date⋆୨♡୧⋆

"Love at first sight is ridiculous until you actually experience it. Then, it's magical."

(Reminder: Scaramouche uses He/Him pronouns and Kazuha uses He/They/It in this fanfiction. Also, the first two chapters here are just kazuscara, only a little bit relevant to the main university plot, so you can skip if you'd like.)

Scaramouche POV

Okay so it was a really great place.

Truth be told, it wasn't extremely lavishing or fancy like all the other cafés Scaramouche went to. But something about this place drew him in. The warm colours, the plants and homemade decoration everywhere, the cats, it took everything in him to not pick one up and play with it the entire time. Or maybe it was the kind man standing in front of him.

Kazuha must have picked up on the fact that he dined at luxurious restaurants everyday, so he apologized again. So annoying. "My apologies...it's not as fancy as any of the other places you must've dined at."

He glared at them. "Stop apologizing when it's not your fault." He said plainly, then turned to look back at the menu, figuring out what to order. In the end, the bill was higher than what Kazuha had anticipated, but they still paid for it anyway.

"Thanks..." Scaramouche murmured to himself as Kazuha picked out a table for them to eat at, situated in a little corner booth. The sandwiches were delicious, so were the donuts and the coffee. He couldn't help, but ask for seconds, to which Kazuha also reluctantly paid for, even with Scara's protests. It wasn't like he couldn't pay. He had a whole fucking pile of allowance, goddamn it!

"It's my treat," they smiled warmly, then put a hand on their chin, leaning in as if Scaramouche was a magnet. "Why don't you tell me more about yourself? It is only the archon's blessing that we have met by chance."

He responded by scoffing accidentally. "I don't believe in the Archons blessing me in any way. They've given me nothing but bad luck."

Instead of trying to reason and argue with Scaramouche, Kazuha nodded in understanding. "I understand. But perhaps, it is all because they're trying to give you a bigger blessing in the future?" He smiled wryly.

"I doubt it." He said dubiously, but a thought suddenly crossed his mind.

Maybe Kaedehara Kazuha is my blessing.

He cringed at the thought. How stupid. What was this, hope? Disgusting.

However, he kept on sneaking glances at the guy sitting across from him. Sunlight bathed on their skin, making them look somewhat like an angel. 

"Why don't you talk about yourself, Kaedehara?" He asked before taking another sip of his coffee. This was just what he needed. Scaramouche couldn't exist without coffee. It was one of the only things he loved. And no, family wasn't on the list.

"Ah, please call me Kazuha."

"I didn't know we were on close enough terms to be on a first-name bias," Scaramouche teased, before complying. Suddenly, he was in a good mood. "Fine. Kazuha..." The name rolled of his tongue just right. "Tell me about yourself."

"Hm...where should I start..." Kazuha murmured, thinking to themself.

He scoffed again. "This isn't some history exam. Just tell me anything." How could his patience be this big with such a simple acquaintance? 

An acquaintance who he was already on a first-name bias with.

An acquaintance who asked him out on a coffee date after five minutes of knowing each other.

An acquaintance who was insanely pretty and made Scaramouche's heart race whenever he just looked at him.

He forced those thoughts out of his mind angrily. He should leave, this wasn't right...his brain edged him to stand up and run out of this cafe, but every limb of his body made him stay, sitting there. 

"I study at Teyvat Academy..." Kazuha started. 

Teyvat Academy? His blood froze. No wonder Kazuha had heard those rumours. Those cruel stories about him. No, the relationship between the both of them wasn't real. It must be some elaborate prank to embarrass Scaramouche, to get a taste of his own medicine. There was no way this guy didn't hate him if they went to Teyvat Academy. 

Scaramouche stood up silently, interrupting Kazuha's train of thought.

"Is something troubling you?" He asked worriedly, only receiving a sharp glare as an answer. 

"I'm going now." Scara answered, coldly. "And for the record, I would never  go on a coffee date with a stranger in this place." He looked around the place, disgusted. 

Suddenly, Kazuha grabbed onto his arm. He froze, staring at the stupid guy. Why would he just do that? Did he know what kind of effect he had on Scaramouche? That was so...

"Please don't leave..." They begged. Kazuha looked up from where they were sitting through their long lashes, fluttering like a butterfly. Their pretty scarlet eyes. 

"I...I understand if you want to leave, but please stay...for one more minute..." A red strand of hair got loose and fell near their face, contrasting against their pale skin. 

"Oh, my apologies for-"

Finally, Scaramouche couldn't take it anymore. He kissed the stupid, handsome, amazing guy in front of him. Fully tasting his lips. They were sort of calloused just like their hands, but he didn't mind. No, he didn't mind at all. Kazuha tasted just like sea salt and the ocean breeze, the beach, the night, bliss...The latter ran their hands through his soft, smooth purple hair and felt so fucking right.

What the fuck are you doing, Scaramouche? 

His thoughts screamed at him and he pulled away suddenly, staring at Kazuha again. Their face was red and flustered, eyes widened and looked at him in shock.

Not this again. 

The purple-haired man promptly ran out of the cafe, leaving the poor Kaedehara Kazuha flustered, confused and upset.

Scaramouche burst through the doors and ran to his car. That was so stupid of him! This wasn't right, none of this was... He drove to the only other place he could think of other than 'home'. 

Scara could still taste Kazuha's lips.

a/n: shorter chapter. I didn't want to make these two parts one chapter otherwise it'd be too long to read and that physically pains me. anyways, who's excited for the Fontaine update?