⋆୨♡୧⋆ch 04 . late nights⋆୨♡୧⋆

"Oh, but why does love have to be one where you hug and kiss everyday? Why can't it just be love?"

(Reminder: Xiao uses They/Them, Venti uses He/Zey, Hu Tao and Xinyan use She/Her and Barbara uses They/She in this fanfiction. This is more of a mini chapter to give the reader a little depth to the idols appearing in the firework festival. <3)

Xiao POV

"hic... One more bottle, please!" Venti giggled, waving his cup of wine around like it was some trophy. Xiao watched zem pour more and more into the cup and chug it all down like the alcoholic zey clearly were.

"Venti, that's enough. If someone sees you, you're ruining Spark'ds reputation." Xiao took the bottle away, only to hear more drunken protests. 

"Who fucking- hic  - cares of someone sees me! Am I not allowed to drink? You're so mean, Xiao..." Venti tried reaching for the bottle, only to topple over and almost fall to the floor. 

So stupid.

"Hey, is that guy over there bothering you? I could help you out if you want, for a price..." a young man grinned at the drunken idol, still flailing around.

"Oh yes, please! Just lemme get the bottle, I need more..." Venti was still giggling, his face was all red, speech slurred. 

"Alright, that's enough." Xiao's patience had long been overdue. They grabbed their colleague's arm and dragged him out of the bar and into the cab that had been waiting for them for the past hour. 

"Wha- hey!!" He cried, punching Xiao in the stomach, which honestly felt like nothing even though he was taller. 

"You - are - so - rude! I was having fun!!!" Venti complained, and sulked in the corner. Zey were edging as far away from Xiao as possible. Rude. 

"I'm not going to let you waste your life on some grape juice. What type of colleague would I be if I let you feed on your alcohol addiction?" They sighed. "You really are stupid...how have you not been caught yet?"

Their colleague managed a cheeky grin and replied. "Because I'm careful of course!"

"Mhm. Sure you are." Xiao had enough of drunk Venti. Regular Venti was hard enough to deal with. 

As they drove past all of the buildings and cars, Xiao looked out of the window to admire the dazzling city of Liyue. It truly was home. Then, a thought crossed their mind and they looked at Venti sympathetically. He must be having a hard time, living in a place different from where he grew up. Mondstadt was where he and other fellow colleague, Barbara grew up in. 

It would physically and mentally pain them to live in a place different from Liyue. It just felt so familiar and welcoming, from the views, the scents, the people...it was just beautiful

"Mr. Xiao and Venti. We're here," the cab driver said, gruffly. He must be in a bad mood from waiting for an hour. 

They nodded at him and gave the driver an extra tip, to which he made a noise of satisfaction. "Thank you sir." Xiao waved goodbye as they helped Venti up the stairs, into their apartment. Otherwise, known as 'home'.

"Xiiii, Venn!~" A girl with two reddish-brown pigtails climbed down the staircase to greet the both of them. "Oh, woah! Aw, you guys went drinking without me?! No fair..." She crossed her arms and made a pouty face.