⋆୨♡୧⋆ch 03 . fireworks⋆୨♡୧⋆

"They say that love can find you even when you least expect it...I hope that happens to me someday."

(Reminder: Ayaka and Mona use She/They pronouns, Keqing uses She/They/It, Ganyu and Kokomi use They/Them, Ningguang uses She/Her, Faruzan uses They/He/She/It and Yoimiya uses They/She in this fanfiction.)

Ayaka POV

"Good morning, Ms. Kamisato!" Ayaka woke up to the chimes of strangers in her bedroom. Alas, they weren't exactly strangers, but mere maids and servants. This was a regular sight in the Kamisato household. To see those they only knew the name of as the first thing when they woke up.

Although the young Kamisato hid it painfully well, she longed to wake up next to someone, to laugh and smile, kissing each other good morning as buttery sunlight filtered through the curtains, shining on the both of them, or however many partners they slept with. 

Wasn't that what almost everybody wished for? 

Ayaka deeply resented this sight, seeing people bow in her bedroom as if she was royalty. Tsk. 

'Be a good girl Ayaka' Their father's voice rung through their head. A good daughter would respect their father and mother's utmost wishes.

"Good morning everyone!" She chirped happily, then yawned. "Oh my, I had such a good sleep last night." Ayaka had nightmares, as usual. "How is everybody? I hope you are all doing well and will do me the honour of accompanying me to breakfast." 

She flashed her princess smile and changed into a proper outfit, as servants brushed and took care of her hair, as if she was some doll. A toy. A puppet. A plaything. Well, she was much more than that. 

Besides, all of this adoration was all glass and mirrors. Ayaka  had heard the servants talk about them behind their back in the hallways. In the kitchen. In the bathrooms. Everywhere. It was a common sight, it happened at their university just as often. 

Alas, this is the life of  someone who gets betrayed by a past love. She thought bitterly, but continued smiling and staying kind. 

Is that you want, Mother? Father? Brother? Thinking of her brother sent venom through her body. The 'brother' that had left her to rot in this house, leaving to live with his friends right after the incident. 

Blood bond clearly meant nothing to him, but that kooky caretaker-in-training certainly did. Ayaka knew the way Ayato looked at him. Perhaps he sees Mr. Thoma as more of a sibling than me. 

"Have a good day, Ms. Kamisato!" The chauffeur called out as they delicately stepped out of the limo. More than often, Ayaka would be compared to that of a lily, though there were clearly better candidates. A proper example would be Nilou, a popular actress in Sumeru Village. 

Teyvat Academy. The most prestigious university in the country of Teyvat, situated in its capital; Khaenri'ah City. From the marble walls, fountains, libraries, indoor aquariums, science and computer labs, to numerous donations from countless wealthy families - including the Kamisatos - every highschooler dreamed of studying there.