A rainy day

(Seth's narrating)

Our main house is pretty big. It's were all the elders give orders, feed, and rest. Every once and a while the elders will go to different manors of the vampire council and rule there, but since this is the most guarded house, they spend most of their time here.

The mansion is a Renaissance style; the elders picked it. It contains over 56 bedrooms, 66 bathrooms, 15 living rooms, and 11 kitchens. All rooms are occupied by vampires of the covenant. As long as we obey the elders our species will continue to live on, so they say.

Gregory, Simon, and I have still yet to inform elder Norman about the cross breed. I find it completely irresponsible that Gregory has involved himself with her. Her blood will give us nothing but trouble, and the simple fact that Simon is going along with his plan sickens me.

If elder Norman finds out that we've been hiding a cross breed, he'll be sure to punish us! This little game of Gregoy's must come to an end, or it'll be his demise!

I head down the hall and stop infront of our room door. Taking a deep breath I twist he door knob and open the door slowly. With the door fully open I look around in search of Simon. "Where could he be?" I asked as I closed the door. "If your looking for Simon he's out getting us food." Greg said while handing me a piece of paper. "I need you to do me a favor." Greg said as he looked at the ground. I simply nod. "Give this to Alexandra." he said as his cheeks turned crimson. I frowned at him, "Why don't you do it yourself?" Gregory lifted his head, "I'm going on a hunt for the vegans, and won't be back until the next day."

I nod, "When do you want me to leave?" Gregory puts a hand in his pocket, "It's due to rain at 5pm, so leave then." Once again I nod my head.

"Thank you." Gregory said before heading down the hall. What the heck was I thinking doing a favor like this for him. I'm putting myself at risk, but on the other side I owe Gregory my life. This is the least I could do to show my appreciation, even if it leads in my death.

It was 5pm sharp when I grabbed my board and headed out the mansion's gates. This skater thing wasn't a bad idea. Every vampire in the mansion must be apart of a social group. Simon picked it out; it was either emo or skater, and well I guess skater really got our attention. This board is a great way of transportation, and it's easy to carry.

It took me an hour and forty-five minutes to reach Alexandra's domain. "Nice color." I said as I grabbed my board off of the ground. The pathway to the front door was paved with stepping stones, each a different shade of grey.

The sun was behind a huge group of rain clouds, and rain poured down on my head. "This better be worth the trouble." I said while ringing the doorbell.