Prom nights, dates, and dances

The sounds of muffled music and talking can be heard as Atsumu is sitting on the floor, back pressed to the wall.

It's funny... Atsumu had always dreamt of dancing away with someone special on prom night yet here he is, hiding away in a hallway so near yet so far from where prom is happening.

So sad, isn't it? A dream you've dreamt for so long just getting crushed because of a single decision to put school ahead of love.

"Miya?" Oh, and let's not forget the fact that the reason he put his school first was because he kept on competing with someone for top 1 of this whole school to the point that he forgot about love...

"Wha' do ya want, Sakusa?" Sakusa Kiyoomi. The biggest jerk in the world yet also the smartest — as much as he hates to admit it.

He can tell from the familiar tone, familiar name calling, and not to mention the familiar strong smell of his lavender shampoo hitting his nose.

Kiyoomi snorts, "I'm surprised you know how to even pronounce that."

"Wha'. do. ya. want." He says as his eyes are still looking down, not bothering to even look at Kiyoomi.

Kiyoomi is probably looking down on him with a disgusted face because Atsumu is sitting on the floor.

He can tell. He's been with him too much not to.

"I'm just wondering why you're here and not there." Atsumu already knows he's talking about the prom. After all, everyone is at prom. Everyone but him and Kiyoomi he's guessing.

"Tha's not yer business. Can ya leave now?" He hopes that maybe, just maybe, he'll say his usual 'tsk' before walking away and leaving Atsumu be.

But then, he doesn't hear footsteps slowly fading, only the muffled music.

Kiyoomi's like that. Sometimes, he becomes unpredictable to the point that it drives Atsumu crazy because of how much he wants to know what Kiyoomi's thinking about.

And sometimes, he wants to know what he thinks about him. Atsumu doesn't understand why he wants to know, but he does.

"What's wrong, Miya?" Kiyoomi doesn't say it in the teasing tone he usually says as he asks the question when they're bickering in class or even in the hallway.

Atsumu says nothing. Why would he? He doesn't even know what he's feeling.

As smart and intelligent as he is, he doesn't know.

"Miya...? What's wrong?" He can hear Kiyoomi
sitting beside him despite the floor being filled with 'germs' as he usually says. The warmth of his body is so near to him to the point he feels like their skin is actually touching when it's not.

He doesn't know the answer to Kiyoomi's question. He doesn't know why he has this sudden loss of motivation to go to the one thing he's always wanted to go to.

Maybe it's because he has no one to actually dance with? or maybe the fact that he saw Kiyoomi at prom earlier with someone?

Atsumu doesn't know if it's one of those or even something else.

Either way, Kiyoomi doesn't need to know. Besides, How does Atsumu even explain to him that he may be the reason for his sudden sadness and loss of motivation to attend prom when he doesn't even know why he could be the reason for it.

He doesn't know why after seeing Kiyoomi just talking to a girl, his body seems to have weakened and his motivation seemed to have deteriorated.

He doesn't know and he doesn't want to. Yet his thoughts seem to want otherwise.