Chapter 7

Jada's P.O.V

It had been three, almost four months since they started talking and Jada was frustrated to say the least. In these three months that they had been going out, Jay still hadn't asked her to  be her girlfriend. 

She currently sat in Jay's kitchen at the kitchen island watching her cook, something Jada came to learn that she loved to do and was really good at it. Jada was meeting her friends, they sat drinking wine, laughing, getting to know each other and talking.

"You know, she always talk bout how she a manifest Jada Kingdom, but jah know, mi neva know seh a suh r guzu strong", her best friend Kii said making Jada laugh.

"Kii...shut the fuck up.", Jay said as she checked on the chicken she was frying.

"But she's not wrong, is she? From d day yuh discover her music and her when yuh younger, she's been your celeb crush.", her friend Gina, a doctor said.

"D wull a unu a mek mi sound like mi a stalk r fi years now."

"But...lowkey...you have.", Kii said making Jay reach over the counter and pretend to choke her. Jada stopped smiling when she and Jay made eye contact, before rolling her eyes.

'She looks good in that apron...fuck she though.', Jada thought to herself.

"You're also the first girl she's introduced to us in...well, three years to pussyclaat. Nuh girl nuh mek it dis far in literal years. That ass is fat so I can see why.", her friend Keisha, a personal chef said making Jay stop and turn around,

"And unu seh me gay..."

"Cuz you are dumbass.", Kameron, her friend, and one of her lawyers said.

"Exactly. Nuh know a who she a try fool.", Danielle, the therapist said making all the girls laugh.

"Unu bad. I'm glad to have met y'all."

The night went on, they ate and talked and all watched a movie. Jada kept drinking the whole time, and rarely if ever spoke to Jay and kept her distance. All her friends left after the second movie. 

Jada went upstairs after they left, showered and sat waiting for Jay to get done with her own shower.

Jay's P.O.V

She stepped out of the bathroom singing all the lyrics to the Dexta Daps song she had playing. She start whine ina d air belly as a joke, while she sang "Weak To You", and then she looked up to see an unamused Jada sitting on her bed.

"Wahm to yuh ma? You've been moody with me all evening."

"Mi good. Jus tired. Can we go to sleep?"

"Yuh nuh good, but okay, when you're ready to talk, I'm right here."

They were laying in bed for half an hour, with Jada having her back turned to Jay, when,

"I just think it's funny how...", Jada started

"Ah bwoii...", Jay whispered to herself while Jada got out the bed

"Yuh seh yuh wah mi, n how yuh like mi and how yah guh earn mi n dis n dat n how yah guh do right by me hombre and we've been talking for months and nothing Jay!! Three almost four fucking months of seeing you almost everyday and missing you when I don't and yuh nuh do nothing Jay!"

Jay sat up, listening to all of Jada's concerns, watching her pace back and forth. Truth be told, Jay had been planning something for months. A three week getaway for her and Jada. Her friends didn't leave to go home or anything, they left out the country, to The Bahamas to start overseeing the setting up of the venue and the plans to make sure everything was actually perfect for when they got there. Jay owned a line of luxury hotels in The Bahamas, and one was being prepped. It was now Christmas season, it took months to completely clear her schedule for these three weeks and her friends' as well. She had Kii privately contact Jada's personal stylist to prepare her luggage. She also contacted her manager and her producer about creating a new work schedule. 

Jay thought about all of this as she watched and listened to Jada rant. That was until Jada started crying, then Jay remembered she was drunk. Wine drunk.

 "Mi jus feel like yuh nuh really like mi n yuh only a use mi fi mi front.", she said with a sniffle

"Jada we haven't had sex."

"EXACTLY. Dat a d worst part!! No proposal and no DICK. Bredda mi nah cope right now.", she finished as she started crying harder. Bugu and everything.

"Baby, come ere, doh cry. Yuh bugu dem a show up dem colours, green n blue n red n shit.",  Jay laughed as she pulled Jada onto her lap and continued,

"I do like you. I really, really like you. More dan mi can comprehend right now. I know its taking long, but I promise it's not much longer ma.", she said before kissing Jada's forehead as Jada laid her head on her chest.

For a moment, the word love came up in Jay's mind. It scared her. D last time she gi r heart to somebody was years ago, and that kinda went up in flames because let's be honest...bitches ain't shit n yuh cya trust gyal. (me?? neva lie.). Now her heart was considering taking that step again...if it hadn't already. All of this played on her mind as she softly rubbed Jada's back, spacing out a little as she listened to her sniffles slow down.

"Jay?", she heard Jada whisper quietly before yawning

"Yes mama", she said, coming back out of her mind

"I really, really like you too. A lot.", Jada said before falling asleep on Jay's chest.

Jay smiled, her eyes watering a little as she laid Jada down on the bed. She held on to her like she fraid she a guh float weh.

A/N- That fear of losing somebody is no joke.