Chapter 4: Leaving the Butterfly Estate

It has been 2 days after you had that vision-memory.

Your fighting skills also improved after the vision-memory too since you had a clearer memory and demonstration.

It was the middle of the night and you couldn't seem to sleep. You sighed and sat up from your bed and started put on your haori which had a gradient design of blue to a darker shade of blue to the bottom and a pattern of triangles at the bottom of your haori

You somewhat knew that this haori had a deep origin but nobody really knows nor did you even bother to ask.

You knew this haori was somewhat related to your family but since nobody really knows anything about your family so nobody would know.

You took your sword and went outside the mansion. As you started to open the training doors there was a sudden speed of slash that would almost cut your head of but there was a space so your were unharmed.

You were surprised to see the person who slashed the blade was Kanao.

You both looked at each other in surprise.

(A/N: This is the time when Kanao was still training for final selection)

"Kanao?" You asked wondering why she was holding a sword. Shinobu never mentioned Kanao ever training to be part of the demon corps. Or rather she was not aware of Kanao training.

"Y/n-kun!" Aoi's voice echoed behind Kanao. Then she walked right beside Kanao and bowed her head.

"Please don't tell Shinobu-san that Kanao is training to be part of the demon slayer corps!" Aoi begged and Kanao bowed too.

You smiled a little and bowed too "Okay, I will not tell Shinobu anything. But please remember that while I'm around, I'd like to help out" You said and both girls smiled in unison.

———————————————

During the past few days you have been helping everyone around the butterfly mansion creating new memories with them.

You and Kanao exchanged some knowledge about each other but she was just mostly quiet. Shinobu seemed to be completely oblivious with the fact that Kanao has been training nor were any of you obvious about it.

Finally after the next day Giyuu finally came back to the butterfly mansion again for you.

"That was a long trip" You said to Giyuu as you were getting ready to finally leave the comfort of the Butterfly Mansion.

"I couldn't find the demon..." Giyuu said looking out of the window.

You looked at him, surprised. You concluded that it must've been an upper rank that was able to easily escape from Giyuu and even worst, if Giyuu could not find the demon it means he must've been to late to save the humans who were held victim...

"So~ What's our first stop?" You asked trying to distract yourself from that depressing thought and started to walk out of the room which Giyuu followed

"Master Urokodaki, but if there are any delays like killing demons..." He didn't finish the sentence. You both knew your first priorities.

And just on cue a crow landed through the window "A demon in the south!!" the crow said repeatedly and loudly

You both made it to the gates of the mansion. You already said your goodbyes to everyone in the mansion before you got ready. You sighed and looked back to see the people from the mansion wave at you and you happily waved back and as you turned around. You and Giyuu went on full speed to the south.