Chapter 17: Bell Jingle

Bell Jingle, Green eyes, Prince Crystal. Bell Jingle, Green eyes, Prince Crystal. Bell Jingle, Green eyes, Prince Crystal.

Those words rang in your head again and again as Giyu bandaged your hand. You were in clean clothes right now. Your uniform and haori were being washed and dried right now.

It felt so overwhelming. Just only a few words made your mind spin, just as when you finally calmed down. Maybe if Giyu went out again. You'd let yourself cry again.

But the tears felt dry. The lump in your throat was nothing inside you, but the stab in the head and heart was there. It hurts. So much. Yet you couldn't bring yourself to cry.

Giyu's hands were gentle as he bandaged your left hand. It wasn't really a serious injury. Just broken finger bones that would soon be healed.

It was the hand that Giyu would always hold. The hand that would always brush Giyu's as you both walked side by side. He always walked in the left side of you.

You wanted to press your hand and intertwine both your fingers, but it felt like an impossible wish right now. You couldn't even move your fingers properly.

"Rest" Giyu whispered and you just nodded. Giyu was still holding your bandaged hand, and you still sat up. You didn't feel like sleeping. You just wanted everything to stop. You wanted to stop reality. Stop the demons, the memories, the overwhelming pain inside you, the stabbing pain in your head and throat. You just wanted Giyu. You wanted this whole thing to stop and only make you and Giyu be together all alone and nothing else against both of you. Just the two of you. All alone. Forget everything that is happening.

You wanted to kiss him so badly. You wanted reassurance. You wanted him to reassure you. To atleast  hug you and tell you that you'll be okay. That everything is okay.

Lies

That word cut through your eyes. You wanted to cry right now, but the tears didn't fall. The lump didn't come back. Your whole body felt blank. Frozen.

"Hungry" You whispered. And Giyu nodded. He let go of your hand and went to the door.

Finally you let yourself close your eyes and lay down at the bed.

No such luck. You couldn't sleep. 

Bell Jingle, Green eyes, Prince Crystal. Bell Jingle, Green eyes, Prince Crystal. Bell Jingle, Green eyes, Prince Crystal.

Those words rang through your head. You stood up and went to the door. Taking a bag and putting your newly cleaned haori inside it. You went out of the inn and went to the direction you were looking for.

You passed shop to shop, Mostly telling you to buy food. The aroma was mouthwatering but you moved forward. Knowing the destination you wanted to go to, yet having no idea what you would find.

The head ache was never gone and the demon's words rang in your ears.

Stupid! 

Coward! 

Bastard! 

Traitor! 

Fucking cry-baby! 

If you didn't leave-

If you didn't leave...

Traitor! 

It rang through your ears again.

Bell Jingle, Green eyes, Prince Crystal, Traitor! Bell Jingle, Green eyes, Prince Crystal, Traitor! Bell Jingle, Green eyes, Prince Crystal, Traitor!

It hurt your heart like hell and  it gave you a head ache yet you were stronger. You moved forward and you finally reached the candy shop you were looking for.

You held the strap of bag that you slung in your shoulders with your haori inside, while your bandaged hand was in the side. Untouched. Unmoving

You went inside and the Bell rang as you opened the door. You were welcomed with so many candies around. Toffees, lollipops, chocolates, gummies, marshmallows, gum and so many more. Bell Jingle; Candy store.

The sight was colorful. Just like any other candy store but this place was dominantly blue. It was mixed with other colors though but blue was constantly seen.

You passed by aisle to aisle until you found a certain candy brand.

Prince Crystals.

It was crystal candies. They looked like actual crystal that were shining in the light through their package. You took a pack and looked at it closely. You felt the familiar stab in your head as you looked closely to it trying to remember.

Finally you realized something.

You always had that stab in your head when you tried to remember something in your past. You always visioned that your head has in some sort of blank room. The memories trying to break in

Your head started to ache again.

What if it was the other way around? What if it was you that was stabbing your way out of the blank room. It was you who was trying to get out

You tried to remember even harder letting the memories fall into pieces. The stab in your head started to become unbearable.

You dropped the candy you were holding and started to massage your head.

"May I help you?" An old rusty voice asked behind you.

Immediately you turned and you were met with emerald eyes.

The words rang through your head again and again as you were staring into those eyes.

Bell Jingle, Green eyes, Prince Crystal, Traitor! Bell Jingle, Green eyes, Prince Crystal, Traitor! Bell Jingle, Green eyes, Prince Crystal, Traitor!

It was an old man with a caring aura. He was about in his fiftees yet he looked healthy. Still able to stand up straight with his cane and some wrinkles in his face but he was smiling brightly.

He took the candies in the floor and used his cane for support.

His cane had a sapphire gem on its top. It was diamond shaped though. The light made it sparkle a bit. It was a real sapphire. 

You saw that sapphire design before. You knew you did.

Your head hurt like hell now. You put your arm in your head trying to massage it.