Prologue: Loss

'Brother, please!' A voice cried in his head.

Tanjiro trembled as he was trying to decapitate the Upper Rank 6, Daki, but something was stopping him.

'Brother, please! You have to breathe! Hurry!' The voice revealed to be Hanako, his little sister that was slaughtered alongside the rest of his family, shouted in his head.

Tanjiro widened his eyes and inhaled awkwardly. He fell to his knees and began a series of coughs, trying to catch his breath.

Daki was still taken aback by what was about to happen but quickly shook it off and returned to her normal, cocky, arrogant self.

"You humans never cease to amaze me with how pathetic you all are... If that was the best you can do, then I might be starting to feel a little bit bad for you." She said, looking down at him with disgust.

'I can't stop coughing... It's so hard... to breathe Which means I must have gone well beyond my limit...' Tanjiro said in his thoughts, still struggling to breathe

'My visions going dark... all I can hear is the sound of my heartbeat...'

"Since you're human, I'm afraid your wounds won't be healing anytime soon~ blame your flesh and blood~," She said in a sadistic way.

Although Tanjiro is coughing violently, he is still forcing himself to continue fighting.

'Stand up! Wield your sword...'

"But I'll do you a favour and show you how to decapitate your enemy!" Daki said, getting ready to attack.

As Daki was about to kill Tanjiro, her head was suddenly destroyed by a powerful kick, and she was also kicked to the other side of the roof. It was Nezuko. She stood in front of Tanjiro in a protective pose. She frowned in anger and growled like a wolf, as her hair was flowing in the wind. She saw all the people that were killed by Daki and began shaking in anger when suddenly, cracks began forming around Nezuko's left eye. Meanwhile, Tanjiro was still coughing as blood was dripping from his chest.

"YOU HAVE SOME NERVE DOING THAT!" Daki shouted angrily as her head was regenerating."Wait a second... That filthy traitor... it's you, isn't it?! The one he was talking about has to be you!" She glared at Nezuko.

Flashback

In a room, Muzan was sitting on a bench as Daki was kneeling while lying her head on Muzan's lap.

"Daki... there's a demon out there that managed to slip from my grasp... just as Tamayo did... I need you to find and dispose of her... you're the only one I can turn to..." Muzan said in a gentle voice.

"It shouldn't be hard to recognize her... she's a girl clad in a kimono with a hemp leaf pattern and a checkered belt." He continued.

Flashback Ends

Daki gazed at Nezuko, and she perfectly fitted the description. While Nezuko was steadily walking forward, glaring furiously at Daki

"Yes! Of course, I'll be happy to torture her to death! As you wish!" Daki stated with fury.

Tanjiro gave his final cough and passed out.

Neuko charged at Daki, preparing to kick her.

"Is kicking the only thing you know?!" As she sliced Nezuko's leg off before Nezuko could even attack.

"You damn bottom-feeder demon!" Daki shouted.

Daki fired another sash toward Nezuko, she tried to block the attack with her arm but it got sliced in the process, the sash hit Nezuko in between her torso and the lower body attempting to slice Nezuko in half, and blood sprayed out.