Chapter 6: Even The Strongest Can Break

Zenitsu was buried deep in his thoughts. He was inside a tatami room, munching away at the food he was offered by the swordsmiths. It had certainly been a while since he had last eaten food this great.

But there was no time to enjoy the food. He had to find a way to help Genya.

'Okay. Let me think about it all over again, Genya wants to become a pillar to apologize to his brother. Okay, now I need to find an easier way or, at the very least, help him become a pillar.' Zenitsu thought on before sighing.

'If only there was a pillar around here that WAS NOT a goddess... I wouldn't be able to utter a single word to her!' Zenitsu thought in frustration. 'Oh well, I'll leave it to tomorrow me to figure it out. I'm really sleepy.'

Zenitsu has finally finished his food and stood up before breaking a yawn. He laid down on a futon and instantly fell asleep.

The Next Day.

Zenitsu walked through the forest of the Swordsmith Village. The sun was shining brightly today, but not too bright, just the right amount of brightness. The boy was humming peacefully. He decided to take a break from all the thinking and self-hatred just for a little amount of time.

Suddenly, the boy in yellow heard yelling not too far away from him. Zenitsu raised an eyebrow and decided to go check it out.

Once he was close enough, he saw two boys fighting, one was really loud, while the other was calm and quiet. Zenitsu squinted his eyes to scan the two more thoroughly. One was wearing normal clothes, which consisted of a black hakama and a red kimono. He had black hair and wore a signature swordsmith mask. The other one, on the other hand, was much different. He was wearing a baggy demon slayer uniform and had long black hair with cyan colored tips at the end that reached down his waist.

But there appeared to be someone else with them, Zenitsu turned his gaze to a taller figure that stood behind the little boy, the figure wasn't really clear since he was mostly covered by the tree in front of Zenitsu, but there was something that stood out to the boy, and it was the fact that the tall figure had long scarlet red hair and the earrings that was almost the same as Tanjiro's.

'Those earrings... Tanjiro always had them on. This is so weird...' Zenitsu thought.

"I said go away! I won't give you the key! No matter what you do! You can even torture me if you want!" The little boy shouted at the demon slayer.

The demon slayer, on the other hand, simply spoke a few words. "Just by looking at you, I already know you would not survive a single second if you were tortured. Now give me the key."

The little boy shivered in fear as the demon slayer got closer to him, as if to take the key forcefully. Zenitsu did not know what to do. Should he step in? Would he even be able to do something if he did? He wouldn't be able to stop him. It would be no use.

Never let your fears control you, Zenitsu. You must always be in control to achieve the greater good.

Zenitsu heard Jigoro's wise words in his head. He hated to admit it, but his master was right (as usual). He needs to always find the best path no matter how scary it is, so without another second wasted, Zenitsu stepped in.

"H-Hey...! Y-Y-You can't g-go ar-round b-bullying little kids like t-that...!" Zenitsu nervously exclaimed, making the two turn their attention to him.

Zenitsu froze right there. He didn't know what to say next, so he stood in his place, slightly shaking (he was shaking a lot) and clenched his fists as his lips quivered violently. They stood there in silence for what seemed like eternity until one spoke up.