Chapter 7: Hunted

Throughout the dark forest, under the black bight sky, the wind blew fiercely, making the trees dance under the wind's command.

In that forest, a demon ran swiftly. Hunger clouded its mind as it searched for any trace of human life.

Eat. Eat. Eat!

This demon was none other than Inosuke Hashibira. He had been continuously feasting on human flesh for two months straight. After each meal, his power grew, and so did his hunger...

Humans. Humans. Humans!

He had a desperate need for human flesh. He did not think straight anymore. He had no goals, no emotions, no life. He was just a killing machine that absorbed every human in its range.

Blood. Blood. Blood!

An opportunity has formed once he met a human's eyes. Unfortunately for the man, he was spotted by the boar demon. Inosuke uncovered his claws, bearing his sharp fangs, and launched towards the defenseless man.

The man screamed in fear, but his screams were instantly silenced once the boar demon laid its fangs on the poor man's skin. Blood splattered everywhere, pieces of flesh flying in every direction as Inosuke ate down the human with intense hunger and pleasure.

After his blood filled meal,Inosuke stood up with the man's blood dripping from his chin and hands. Inosuke roared in victory as he stood over the man's broken-down corpse.

*THUD*

Inosuke's facial expression of victory did not change when he was teleported into this unfamiliar place. His eyes came back to life once he realized that he was not in the forest anymore. He hastily looked in every direction, his head turning frantically.

"67 humans in one week?" A chilling voice stated.

Inosuke widened his eyes as a sudden urge to bow down rushed through him. He trembled as he was not able to raise his head no matter how hard he tried. It's like this person's aura alone caused this feeling.

"Not even going to kneel for your king? Who do you think you are?" The voice continued.

Inosuke immediately kneeled in retort, he did not understandthe concept of kneeling in the current state of his mind, but his body just told him to go down on one knee as though it was a built in program. His body trembled as sweat ran down his body.

The person hummed in amusement. "Your fear amuses me, demon. Now, do you know why I brought you here?"

Inosuke did not move.

The person smiled. "You impressed me. And you should know that it takes a lot to even get my attention. Feel honored."

Inosuke did not reply. He remained in the same state.

"So, I suggest that you work your hardest to rise as a demon, for you have been properly recognized by the demon king... get stronger, Taramue..."

Taramue widened his eyes, and a new desire had been formed in his mind. This desire felt somewhat familiar...

'Get stronger...'

"My name is Muzan Kibutsuji, I am your king. From now on you will serve me for as long as you live... what you saw and heard today... do not mention to a single soul. And if you utter my name to anyone, the consequences will be extremely high..." Muzan said.

"Get stronger."

*STRUM*

And with that, like how he was brought there, he was instantly back to where he was, the forest. Taramue stood, gazing down at his hands. His eyes were filled with a new reignited flame. He clenched his fists and looked ahead.