CHAPTER 49

I woke up due to the excruciating pain in my head and the deafening sound of my phone ringing. My eyes stared at the black canopy of my place while I tried to go back to what happened last night.

My encounter with that man was really unexpected, let alone the bomb he dropped. Ang nasa isip ko lang nung mga oras na nakita ko siya sa bar ay ang mga nangyari nung araw na iyon, limang taon na ang nakakalipas.

Nung mga panahong iyon ay sobra akong nasaktan at nagalit pati na din sa sarili ko dahil pakiramdam ko ay hindi ako naging sapat sa kaniya. Siguro din ay may mga pagkukulang ako kaya niya iyon ginawa.

Kulang na lang noon ay pumatay ako ng tao sa sobrang galit ko. Kahit ang kapatid kong si Kyoko ay takot na takot lumapit sa akin. Wala ding magawa ang magulang ko sa akin dahil pati sila ay sobrang nagulat sa mga nangyari, pero kailanman ay hindi sila nagtanong.

Sa nakalipas na mga taon ay hinayaan lang nila akong harapin ito mag-isa hanggang sa unti-unti ko nang nasasanay ang sarili ko dito. Nandun pa din 'yung sakit at hindi ko ito nakalimutan kailanman.

Teresa and I started off as enemies, then turned into friends during high school. Noong una ko siyang makita sa rooftop ng school ay kaagad na akong nakaramdam ng iba sa kaniya.

She has the prettiest eyes I've ever seen in this world, since they look like Barbie doll eyes. Maybe that's because of her hazel eyes and her long and beautiful eyelashes. She also has this long, silky black hair that seems to be so soft to touch. She is slim, but all of her curves are on point, including her chest. Overall, she's just so perfect in my eyes.

My heart beat erratically at that time, and I was so nervous when she tried to talk to me. In order to mask the admiration I had for her, I had to pretend to be hostile toward her.

"Not a fan of history?"

"You can say that," she said.

"O baka hindi ka lang talaga fan ng lahat ng libro?"

"What's there to fuss about with books and studies? Ga-gradweyt pa din naman ako kahit 'di ako mag-aral."

"You sounded like a vain, conceited, and spoiled brat child to me."

"What did you say?"

That's when we became enemies because of my idiotic behavior.

Teresa has a strong personality; she isn't a damsel in distress princess who would always wait for her prince to come. Moreover, she will always fight for what she thinks is right for her, and I love that even more about her.

Weeks and months have passed, and I couldn't be more happy when she finally declared her feelings for me. She would always look for me wherever I went, and that always made me smile and happy.

I've already engraved in my mind and heart that she's the right woman for me and there would be no one else except her; however, that can wait because we're only in high school at that time, and finishing it would still be our priority and responsibility to our parents and also to ourselves.

The only thing I can do at that time was to stop the other guys who wanted to hit on her. Bago pa man sila makalapit sa kaniya ay naitataboy ko na sila kaagad. Nakarating ang balitang ito sa lahat ng mga lalaki sa school kaya maski isa ay wala nang nagtangkang lumapit pa sa kaniya.

I couldn't have been happier when that happened. Though I know it's a ridiculous move, I was still so satisfied with what I did since it gave me the peace of mind that I would always be the man in her heart and mind and not anybody else.

Everything changed when we were in college. Unlike before, I can't control most of the men who want to hit on her now. Nagsasawa na din siguro siyang maghintay sakin, kaya minsan ay nakikita ko siyang may kausap na ibang lalaki sa campus.