Grief.

Naruto opened his eyes and looked around. He was sitting in a sewer. He searched the sewer for any sign of what he was doing here. It couldn't be his mind scape because he changed it years ago. Could this be a dream? Why did it feel so real? It felt like he was really in his old mindscape once again." 

Then Naruto heard footsteps coming from behind him. He turned around and saw the ghost of Jiraiya. The ghost was blue and see through, but the worst part was his dull, empty eyes. "Why didn't you avenge me Naruto?" Jiraiya said in a dull voice.

"I didn't know what he did. I was just trying to protect Yugito." Naruto explained.

"You make excuses for yourself." Jiraiya said. "You made a promise to me. You said we would find the answer to true peace together, and yet all you have done with your career is kill, and now I am another on your list of people you couldn't save." Jiraiya said.

Jiraiya walked to Naruto and stopped a foot away from him. His hand reached out and his empty eyes stared into Naruto's soul. Just before his hand reached Naruto's face he disappeared. The sewer dissolves and Naruto is standing on the Hokage monument.

Naruto looks around and sees Shisui standing next to him. He was also a ghost and he stared at Naruto with the same eyes. "You think of yourself as the hero. The one destined to find peace, but all you do is leave a trail of bodies everywhere you walk." Naruto turned and saw the bodies of everyone he cared about with footsteps passing them. The footsteps led to his feet.

"If you think of yourself as good, and the Akatsuki as evil then you are wrong. The world isn't as simple as that, and if you compare sins then you are on the same level as them." Shisui said. Then the world faded to black. Naruto looked around with wide eyes, but he couldn't see a thing. "Your sins are comparable to terrorists. Yet you still think you're above them." Shisui's voice faded.

Then Kakashi's voice echoed throughout the darkness. "Do you truly think there is a difference between Good..." The world fades and Naruto sees the Leaf Village. "And Evil." He was now surrounded by Akatsuki members in a cave similar to the one he found Gaara in. "Did you really think the Leaf was above darkness?" Kakashi said from next to him. He was wearing his Anbu uniform and it was covered in blood. The world faded to black once again.

"No... No... I-I know of our darkness. I know all of our secrets." Naruto says.

Then Danzo appeared in front of him. "Then why do you think the Leaf is above their crimes. You were quick to call me a monster, but did you ever look in the mirror?" Danzo says. Naruto was now standing in his bathroom looking in his mirror.

His face started to distort in the mirror. His skin turned dark, and his teeth sharpened. Horns sprouted form his head, and his eyes turned blood red. Naruto touched his face with wide eyes. Then he heard a scream. He turned his head and saw Yugao backing away from him terrified.

"Yugao. It's okay... I-It's me." Naruto says. As he reaches out his surroundings change once again. He was back on the battlefield facing Nagato. His paths were nowhere to be found; it was just him staring at Naruto.

Then Nagato started talking. "You think of use as heartless traitors that need to be exterminated, but have you never thought about yourself. You say that you're looking for peace, but you are just hiding from your demons. You have killed countless... first as a Genin losing control of his anger..." Naruto was back at the scene where he murdered dozens of bandits in his anger. "Then as a Chunin who murdered his own comrade..." Naruto was now holding his blade while it stabbed through Akira's chest. "Then as an Anbu who never second guessed an order..." Naruto saw each of his missions from the early stages of being an Anbu, ending with killing the Diamond Fang. "Then you went to a different country, and killed someone who wasn't even in his right mind, and countless others in a war that wasn't yours..." Naruto was looking over Kiri and reliving each of his kills during the war. Ending with him executing Yagura... "Then you killed more shinobi under the same banner as you..." Naruto watched himself murder root. "Then as a Jonin your kill count just kept on rising... Mangetsu, Rasa, The Sound Five, Sasori, Deidara, and countless others." Naruto relived every single one of his kills. "And you think you are different from us. You are nothing but a hypocrite." Nagato finished.