chapter 1

"Freak"

"Do you actually think your good at singing?"

"Just give up already!"

The three boys stood over hailey, glaring at her as she hid her face in her knees. One had reddish, brownish hair and wore a grey, plain t-shirt and had a red jacket tied around his waist. He was the main one, Josh. His two minions stood beside him, laughing. One had blonde hair and wore a pale green hoodie and black sweatpants, his name was Kaleb. The other minion had black hair and wore a red t shirt and some black shorts, his name was blake.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" A voice yelled from the distance. Hailey was confused, was somebody defending her? She looked up to see a blonde haired boy, the tips of his hair fading into a strawberry, pale pink. He wore a grey hoodie with black pants. His eyes were a deep chocolate brown colour, and damn did he look mad.

Josh turned around, "and who are you? her little freak friend?" he said with anger in his voice, earning a chuckle from his side kicks.

"I said, leave her alone!" The boy screamed, walking up to Josh.

"Tch, fine" Josh threw Haileys music book back at her and walked away, followed by Kaleb and Blake.

The mystery boy ran to Haileys side. Hailey wiped the tears that were dripping down her face off her cheek and looked at her boy kneeled next to her.

"Are you okay?! Who are those guys?" He asked with worry in his voice.

"Why did you help me?" Hailey asked sternly. Haileys eyes were a dark, obsidian colour and her hair was teal, perfectly contrasting with her eyes.

"Well, i couldnt let them just do that to you!" The boy replied then picked up her book, "what is this?"

Hailey snatched her book back and got up.

"You dont wanna get involved with me, im assuming your new so you dont know my reputation around here so ill give it to you short"

"I'm a freak, its better if you stay away if you want to keep your reputation stable" she said then turned her back and walked away.

"Wait! Can I atleast get a name?!" He pleaded.

Hailey ignored him and continued to her class.

"Well my names Jake!" He quickly yelled before heading to his class.